Director/Pastor of Caring Ministries
April 16, 2021
Director/Pastor of Caring Ministries – March 2021
PURPOSE: To provide leadership for the caring ministries for people in Summit Church and community.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A heart for God and a passion for caring for others inside and outside the church.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written skills and attention to detail.
- Leader of leaders and team ministry committed.
- Can build relationships and community within the church body.
- Ability to recruit and develop people in order that they might engage in ministry in the context of the various Caring Ministry Teams.
- Clinical Pastoral Education, Grief and Trauma Training, Stephen Leader Training and/or Pastoral Credentialing preferred.
- Lifelong learner who will attend continuing education events.
- Must complete Safe Gatherings training, background check and psychological profile testing.
- Agree to Summit Staff Covenant, Guidelines for Conflict Resolution, Team to Team Best Practices and align with Summit Church Values.
Directly to the Ministry Program Director
Indirectly to the Directional Team acting as Staff-Parish Relations Team
Approximately 40 hours
Full-time, lay, (non-exempt salaried) or Clergy
As described in the Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual for Lay Employees or for Clergy
- Participate in a Staff Leadership and Development.
- Attend church events and worship services on occasion to become familiar with the congregation.
- Work with the various Caring Ministries Teams to develop and coordinate ministries which connect and care for people inside and outside the church.
- Recruit, train and resource leaders for various caring ministries such as:
- Care Response Team and Ministers
- Stephen Ministry Team
- Hospital Visitation Team
- Prayer Ministries (Prayer Team, Prayer Quilts and Shawls, etc.)
- Silver Link Visitation Ministry
- Nursing Home Ministries
- Cards and Blessings Ministry
- End of Life Bereavement Ministry
- Support Groups for Depression, Parkinson’s, Divorce, etc.
- Meal Ministry
- Foster culture of growth within Caring Ministry Team and provide opportunities for spiritual and leadership development.
- Promote and publicize Caring Ministry Volunteer opportunities throughout the year.
- Assist and provide support in starting new caring ministries when needed.
- Provide caring support to the dying and their families, helping to plan memorials and funerals as needed.
- Crisis intervention skills for those who contact the church in need of someone to talk them through a troubling situation.
- Lead in the development of a Ministry Action Plan (MAP) for teams within the caring ministries.
- Regularly implement Reflect, Adjust, Do (RAD) process within the caring ministries as a means of progressive development.
- Develop and oversee yearly budget for caring ministries and ensure leaders for each ministry area have what they need throughout the year.
- Coordinate on call availability for emergencies.
- Duties may include weddings/funerals/serving communion, etc.
- Other duties as assigned and agreed to.
Contact: Jake Forsythe
2917 Aspen Drive Durango CO 81301