January 21, 2022
Job Title: District Administrator
Reports to: District Superintendent
Department: District Staff
Classification: [Part-time] Non-exempt
Date: January 2022
- Provide administrative support for designated District Ministry Roundtable (District Superintendent, Congregational Resource Minister, District Lay Leader, et al.), and attend their monthly meetings.
- Serve as a primary resource and help with clergy, church staff, and lay leadership as needed.
- Manage annual cycles of requesting and collecting required reports and data, including church end-of-year reports and statistical reports, charge conference paperwork, clergy assessments, appointment advisory forms, and Change of Appointment (COA) forms.
- Maintain up-to-date information in the Conference database on clergy, candidates for ministry, lay ministers, churches, and lay leadership within the district.
- Maintain up-to-date clergy files within the district.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for projects such as church conferences, district/sub-district meetings, district gatherings at annual conference, and other district/sub-district activities.
- Depending on office location, management of district finances, reimbursements, and coordination with the Conference office.
- Maintain accurate and timely information on district social media platforms and the district webpage(s).
- Attend Annual Conference and participate in occasional district church visits with the District Superintendent and/or District Congregational Resource Minister.
- Co-create, manage, and distribute digital resources for our district churches as needed.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the District Superintendent(s), other Cabinet members or the Episcopal Office.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly organized, with the ability to work concurrently on several projects and activities.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, establish timelines, and work proactively to meet deadlines.
- High proficiency in administrative software, including the Microsoft Office suite, Google platforms, conference database programs, Adobe Creative Cloud programs, social media platforms, and various pod/video/livestream platforms as needed.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to accuracy.
- Ability to analyze information and resolve inconsistencies.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn The United Methodist Church organizational structure as it pertains to districts and clergy relationships.
- Education or Formal Training:
- Minimum high school diploma with preference to advanced schooling.
- Minimum two years of administrative work experience.
- Experience using database software, including data entry and reporting.
General business and office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required; it would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to twenty pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Mountain Sky Conference values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Mountain Sky Conference is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any projected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.