January 27, 2022
The Ministry Assistant will provide the following:
- Coordinate and schedule all uses of the facility using Planning Center software and relay highly detailed information to the facilities staff regarding set-up and/take-down needs for all events
- Negotiate facilities use fees, Invoice and track fees due and received
- Assist with security codes, automatic door scheduling, and accurate record keeping
- Coordinate scheduling of weddings, ensuring the bride and groom provide a wedding coordinator or hire the church coordinator for oversight of wedding day activities
- Work with the facilities team to manage the facility schedule and needs for all events
- Support the associate pastor and Small Group Ministry with correspondence and communication, scheduling, record keeping, lending library, Global Leadership Summit partnership, attend Heart to Heart Group meetings and take minutes.
- Create, maintain and assist the congregation and general public with planning center registration website for major events including VBS, summer and Christmas Musicals
- Maintain accurate records and spreadsheets as needed
- Order all supplies for major events and help make copies, nametags, etc. as needed.
- Field and disseminate inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Serve as a welcoming resource for all areas of ministry, staff, members and visitors within the Church
- Track and order kitchen and special event supplies
- Serve as contact and for Congregational Care Team and Special Events Volunteer Group
- Assist in all major Broomfield UMC events including Christmas, Easter, Backyard Bash, Trick or Trunk and any other events such as UMW Rocky Mountain Conference and Work as Worship Retreat Teleconference
- Serve as backup to receptionist during lunch hours or as needed and to Executive Ministry Assistant for funeral/memorial planning
- At least three years of experience in an administrative support role
- A detailed knowledge of the worship process and the various religious observations of the Methodist faith
- A welcoming spirit and desire to help
This position must be proficient in the following areas:
- MS Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and Power Point
- Fax, scan, large volume printing and copying technology
Knowledge or similar use of the following:
- Servant Keeper, church membership database
- Planning Center, facility use management, design and registration for special event attendees
- Camp Docs, camp and/or event registration software
This position must possess the following characteristics:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work as a willing team member
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Manage both large and small projects
- Excellent communication skills in all mediums
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
Compensation is based on experience. Hourly wage is $19.00. This position is eligible for accrued paid-time-off (PTO) and up to 12 paid holidays off annually (depending on typical work schedule). This position is not eligible for benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
BROOMFIELD UMC treats all employees equally and fairly regardless of their race, gender, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identify or disability in employment. As a religious organization BROOMFIELD UMC is allowed to consider religion/religious beliefs and the religious requirements of the United Methodist Church in our employment.
BROOMFIELD UMC complies with and abides by all regulations in this classification as prescribed by law.
Cover letter and resume may be directed to: Mindy Davidson, Director of Business Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org, please include “Ministry Assistant” as the subject.
Contact: Mindy Davidson
545 W 10th Ave Broomfield CO 80020
Email: Click to email