Mountain Sky Conference: Where You Belong More
NUMC Director of Music Job Description
Hours: Normally 5 hours/week (variable based on season)
Salary: $100-$125/week depending on experience and education. Additional pay for Holy Week & Advent. Funerals, Weddings, and additional non-liturgical events are negotiable.
Purpose of the position
The Director of Music will be responsible for overseeing the music ministry at Niwot United Methodist Church. This position requires a team-oriented person who can integrate a strong skill set in music with theological growth and pedagogy. They will work closely with the pastor, accompanist, and choir. Additional skills in technology - both audio and video - helpful.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
1. Worship Leadership - Serve as a worship leader helping guide worship. Willingness to speak in front of a community of people to help navigate a faith- driven experience. Included in these responsibilities are Sunday mornings and special services (i.e. Christmas Eve and Holy Week). Additional skills of compiling music into videos and flexibility in the ever-evolving ways of providing music for worship appreciated.
2. Choir Director - Select music, teach and conduct the choir at a weekly rehearsal as well as during worship service, when in-person. This may also include individual and ensemble creations. When not in person, work with the accompanist and choir members to record and compile multiple audio tracks into a singular recording and/or multiple video tracks into a singular video to be used during worship.
3. Music Selection – Work with the Pastor and Accompanist to do Seasonal Worship Planning, looking at ways to integrate vocal (individual and ensemble) and instrumental work into the worship experience.
4. Music Ministry Vision, Mission and Values – Communicate with pastor to ensure understanding of and alignment with NUMC vision, mission and goals. Incorporate input from leadership discussions and current ministry objectives into music ministry planning.
Education, Work Experience & Skills
• Choir Directing and/or Musical Instrument experience
• Expertise in reading and evaluating music (vocal and instrumental)
• Ability to direct, engage, and inspire musicians
• Basic knowledge of church liturgical calendar
• Knowledge of copyright permissions
• Strong time management skill, as well as organizational and planning skills
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Computer skills, including video and audio recording/editing ( helpful, but not required)
Contact: Emily Kintzel
Address: 7405 Lookout Road Longmont CO 80503
Email: Click to email