May 06, 2022
- Implement a comprehensive strategic annual communications plan that supports the church's mission, goals, and objectives
- Direct, manage, maintain and support all digital media (Website, Facebook, Blog, Next Door, Instagram and Twitter), including managing a regular posting schedule, content optimization, understanding the nuances of each platform and responding to followers
- Identify and execute steps to achieve annual communication/marketing plan
- Assist ministry areas in creatively sharing impactful stories with the congregation and the community
- Design unique graphics for ministry and program use
- Seek training and learning opportunities to keep the church on the cusp of industry trends
- Incorporate industry trends regularly to benefit communications, marketing and branding
- Ensure all church communication adheres to the style guide
- Communicate complete and accurate information to the congregation or target audience
- Oversee and execute weekly process for worship deliverables, eblast, posters, monitor slides, exterior sign message etc.
- Explore and implement advertising opportunities to broaden the reach of the church ministries and programs
- Create and distribute special marketing collateral materials
- Oversee and maintain internal bulletin boards messaging and content
- Provide feedback and an annual plan to help establish and manage annual communications budget
- Employ strong project management skills and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, consistently delivering high quality results
- Attend team and organizational meetings, activities and events as required
- Manage miscellaneous communications and office tasks as required
Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the graphic design, digital media, marketing or communications fields.
- Outstanding administrative and communication skills are a prerequisite as is a thorough understanding of advertising, media and communication standards for non-profit organizations.
- An undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, graphic design field or digital media field from an accredited institution is a basic requirement
- Working knowledge of layout and design principles
- Proficient with technology platforms required for the functions of the position, including website, email marketing, social media, graphic design and audio/video. Specifically, proficient in Canva, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and social media platforms (Facebook/Instagram)
- Excellent proofreading skills and high level of attention to detail
- Marketing and branding strategies
- Proficient and working knowledge of digital media and how it can be leveraged for multiple audiences
- Known for executing projects at a high-quality level, on time, under pressure, with diplomacy and a positive attitude
- Understand and support the vision of Broomfield United Methodist Church
- Support all area of ministry as well as laity in the areas defined
- Perform tasks, from time to time, not defined above in support of the goals of the organization
- Perform miscellaneous tasks or duties in support of the daily operation of the organization
- Maintain confidentiality
- Work as a team leader and team member
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Impeccable grammar and punctuation skills
- Manage both large and small projects
- Excellent communication skills in all mediums
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
Compensation is based on experience. Salary ranges from $35,000-38,000. This position is eligible for accrued paid-time-off (PTO), up to 12 paid holidays off annually (depending on typical work schedule),
eligibility for participation in Pension Plan (3% Employer Contribution) after one year of service, access to participate in Group Health Insurance (90% Employer/10% Employee) and access to participate in Disability/Life/Dental Insurance Plans (100% Employer Paid).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
BROOMFIELD UMC treats all employees equally and fairly regardless of their race, gender, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identify or disability in employment. As a religious organization BROOMFIELD UMC is allowed to consider religion/religious beliefs and the religious requirements of the United Methodist Church in our employment.
BROOMFIELD UMC complies with and abides by all regulations in this classification as prescribed by law.
Interested candidates please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
with "Communications Coordinator" as the subject.
Contact: Mindy Davidson
545 W 10th Ave Broomfield CO 80020
Email: Click to email