June 08, 2022
The Heart of Longmont
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Department: Office Staff
Supervised by: Pastoral Staff
Benefits: No benefits for part-time employees.
Hours: 16 to 20 hours per week. Work schedule is flexible within the timeframe of the Church office hours.
Compensation: The hourly rate is set by the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC).
Qualifications: The Accounting Manager must be a person who accepts diverse means of spiritual expression and who will respect all persons with courtesy regardless of religious beliefs. They must be able to be courteous and pleasant, even in stressful situations, and supervise and train volunteers. The Accounting Manager should also be constantly seeking ways to improve the appearance and function of the office in keeping with the church’s mission and vision.
Detailed Qualifications and areas of knowledge:
Of specific importance: Confidentiality is essential in a church office setting. Information about actions and activities within the office must remain solely within the office. If actions occur which are problematic or violate disciplinary restrictions, they must be discussed first with the Pastor and then only with the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management and organizational skills
- Accounting experience and detailed knowledge of general ledger, accounts payable and payroll processes
- QuickBooks familiarity a plus
- Computer knowledge and ability to function with Windows applications, Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
- Familiarity with Breeze software for tracking pledges is a plus
- Ability to learn new software
- General administrative responsibilities:
- Attend staff meetings
- Assist with preparation of Annual Church Budget
- Organization and filing of Accounting and Trustees documents
- Financial functions:
- Maintain, reconcile and balance general ledger accounts
- Reconcile bank and investment account statements
- Processing direct deposit checks
- Monthly pay for Nursery and Salary employees
- Semi-monthly pay for Office employees
- Federal & State payroll tax filings (monthly, quarterly and annual)
- Accounts Payable
- Financial Reporting
- Giving analysis
- Income/Expense Summary (5 years)
- Income/Expense by Account
- Balance Sheet
- Contribution tracking
- Oversee and manage ACH payments and credit card deposits
- Generate Giving Statements as directed
- Maintain list of Vendors, Licenses & Contracts
Heart of Longmont does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. HOL is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Contact: Brad Schol
350 11th Ave. Longmont CO 80501
Email: Click to email