Director of Christian Education
July 26, 2022
POSITION: Director of Christian Education
SUPERVISOR: Lead Pastor
POSITION CATEGORY: Part Time Staff (20 hours per week, salaried)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Christian Education will develop TLUMC's Christian Education program for all nursery, children, adults, and families within the church. This will entail planning, guiding and monitoring all education activities.
- Recruit, train, and supervise the Nursery Coordinator, teachers and other volunteers who work within nursery, children, adult, and family TLUMC education program
- Plan and organize educational programs as outlined below:
- Nursery Education: This ministry provides for children from six weeks throughpreschool with child care and education programs such as Sunday school, VBS, etc.
- Children Education: This ministry provides children from kindergarten through sixth grade with education programs such as Sunday school, Children Church, Evening Activities, VBS, etc.
- Adult Education: This ministry provides young adults through seniors with education programs such as Sunday school, Bible studies, study groups, etc.
- Family Education: This ministry provides families with education programs such as Fall Festivals, retreats, workshops, etc.
- Research, review, and select (in keeping with Methodist Theology) appropriate curricula for all educational programs of the church.
- Coordinate the scheduling and advertising of all church educational activities with the church Administrative Assistant, to include programs in the church calendar, bulletins, newsletters, and website.
- Prepare the Christian Education budget and submit it to the Finance Committee Chairperson as required.
- Attend staff meetings as required by supervisor.
- Prepare and submit articles for inclusion in the newsletter.
- Ensure all personnel working with nursery and children have appropriate background checks completed prior to participating in the respective program.
- Request, schedule, and organize space and rooms for all educational programs.
- Procure and store educational supplies.
- Attend appropriate continuing education workshops to enhance skills and ministry opportunities for the educational program of TLUMC.
- Ensure that TLUMC adheres to Safe Sanctuary policies, including training and maintaining Safe Sanctuary policies for staff and volunteers.
The Director of Christian Education must demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and either is or intends to become a member of Tri-Lakes United Methodist Church. They are required to have experience in Christian education with a specific emphasis on children's ministry. A Bachelor of Arts/Science degree in a related field is preferred. The Director of Christian Education must be self-motivated, creative, flexible, and capable of delegating tasks. Management, administrative, and interpersonal skills to work with pastors, staff, subordinates, volunteers and the congregation is required.
To apply submit a cover letter and resume to the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) at email@example.com.
Contact: Dana Franzen
20256 Hunting Downs Way Monument CO 80132
Email: Click to email