Mountain Sky Conference: Where You Belong More
Hours. This is a full time, salaried position with a minimum of 40 hours/week required. Defined office hours will be set and followed, with the remaining hours flexible as needed. The Associate Pastor’s responsibilities will include a mix of normal business hours at the church office, church services, evening meetings, staff meetings, and other meetings should the need arise.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
· Must have 3+ years serving at a church with responsibilities that align with this job description.
· Must have demonstrated preaching and teaching skills.
· Must be able to reach and connect with young adults and young families.
· Must be committed to making and growing disciples of Jesus Christ.
· Must be able to communicate well across generations and social backgrounds.
· Must be positive, patient, friendly with professional/pastoral attitude and demeanor.
· Must be a self-starter, able to anticipate needs without oversight, focus on the tasks at hand and efficient follow-through.
· Must have knowledge and demonstrated sensitivity toward Asian and Asian American communities.
· Must have experience with various social media platforms and office software.
· Must live or be able to relocate to the San Jose area.
· Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, prefer a Masters.
· Must have strong English communication abilities both written and oral.
· Must be a strong team builder and recruiter.
· To reach and connect with young adults and families.
· Support the Senior Pastor in planning and implementing vision and ministry. Be able to take over when the Senior Pastor is not available.
· Assist congregational leaders when necessary.
· Provide pastoral counseling, prayer and ministry to people as needed, and as directed by the Senior Pastor.
· Serve as an active member of the church congregation by attending and sometimes helping with worship services, small groups, and church events.
· Attend staff meetings, retreats, and other church functions, as directed.
· Maintain a spiritual practice in their own life: worship, prayer, tithing and giving.
· Passion for ministering the Gospel of Jesus Christ and encouraging spiritual growth and development our church members.
· Welcoming visitors and for creating ways for new guests to get plugged into the church and ministry.
· Share the visitation responsibility of visiting those who are sick or in the hospital as requested by the Senior Pastor.
· Serve as needed by the Senior Pastor in other ministry areas.
· Salary based on experience/education
· Health Care is available.
For those interested, please provide the following:
· Resume with at least 3 Ministerial References
· Statement of Faith
· Sermon audio/video if available
How to contact us:
· Email: email@example.com
Email: Click to email