American Sign Language Interpreter
September 06, 2022
Required Education and Experience:
- We are seeking an enthusiastic sign language interpreter for Sunday morning contemporary worship service and special events (Christmas Eve and Easter services). Our current need is for strong conceptually accurate signed English (CASE) maintaining as much English mouthing as possible.
- Services last for an hour and typically include scripture readings, prayer, a sermon and fun/sometimes fast paced contemporary Christian music.
- Applicants should have good interpreting stamina and the ability to stand for the entire hour.
- Service is in-person as well as livestreamed. The interpreter will need to have some stage experience to be able to "cheat" the in-person congregation enough so that signs can be easily read by online viewers.
- Applicants should be a good team player and communicate well with the worship/leadership team.
To be successful as an ASL Interpreter for Broomfield UMC, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education and experience required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in sign language or interpreting functional area in a worship setting
- Demonstrated proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL)
- Experience signing for a solid hour of content including spoken and sung words/concepts
- Experience working effectively in a team environment with a customer service focus
This position must also:
- Understand and embrace the mission and vision of Broomfield United Methodist Church
Compensation is $45.00 per worship service. Individual is responsible for all federal and state income taxes. There are no benefits provided for this contract position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
BROOMFIELD UMC treats all employees equally and fairly regardless of their race, gender, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identify or disability in employment. As a religious organization BROOMFIELD UMC is allowed to consider religion/religious beliefs and the religious requirements of the United Methodist Church in our employment.
BROOMFIELD UMC complies with and abides by all regulations in this classification as prescribed by law.
Interested candidates please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
with "ASL Interpreter" as the subject.
Contact: Mindy Davidson
545 W 10th Ave Broomfield CO 80020
Email: Click to email