Mountain Sky Conference: Where You Belong More
Director of Music
Cameron Church is seeking a creative and dynamic Director of Music who will provide leadership over all music programs. This person will help create weekly worship services that are inspiring, challenging, and transformative. Cameron is a small church with a strong commitment to music and the arts that is looking to develop, both in members and also in presence in the community. The qualified candidate will be a team member actively planning and coordinating with lead pastor and staff as well as offering spiritual leadership and oversight to the lay people within music programs. This person will consistently model an authentic discipleship lifestyle and seek to help people deepen their own commitment to discipleship (as outlined ¶120 of our 2012 Book of Discipline).
Hours Per Week:
The Director of Music oversees and provides music for all worship services at Cameron UMC.
Lead Pastor & SPRC
• Select and provide music for all worship services and events.
• Recruit, develop, conduct, and lead people in the music ministry.
• Provide musical support for special services throughout the year.
• Provide active planning and coordination with the Lead Pastor.
• Create a healthy culture of spiritual growth and Christian Discipleship.
• Create music that syncs traditional choral music with indie folk.. We are seeking someone who can help us create a layered, inter-generational musical experience for Sunday morning gatherings, i.e. the piano and acoustic guitar, gospel choruses, trumpets and fiddles.
• Director of Choir, vocal ensembles, and occasional instrumental ensembles, and Indie-folk band. This direction will include rehearsal, performance and planning in a team setting.
• Supervise and direct Accompanist
• Plan, organize, and implement special music programs e.g. Christmas, Easter, summer, as required by the Lead Pastor
• Oversee the organization of the music library for the choir and other musical groups: order new music, maintain all music in appropriate files, and order and maintain equipment as needed.
• Manage the music budget in consultation with the Worship Team.
• Maintain communication with the pastoral staff, program staff, the Worship Arts Team, and sound and video team to assist in the implementation and coordination of church programming.
• Attend Worship meetings as called by the Lead Pastor.
• Support through his/her presence, services of worship other than Sunday Morning, and assist in securing music leadership for those services.
• Be Responsible for set-up and take down of special concerts and events, or assigning this to other responsible individuals.
• Create two community oriented “City-Events” per year that make use of musical talent but also build relationships outside the walls of traditional church.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Experience and professional training in church music and conducting.
• Demonstrated spiritual leadership in the Christian faith
• Working knowledge of a diverse range of Christian music from traditional hymns to modern worship music, including indie-folk worship music.
• Warm and encouraging attitude for musicians of all skill levels
• Knowledge of basic music history, theory, and styles
• Ability to solve problems
• Basic word processing, electronic communication, and other computer skills
• Ability to work in and with groups
• Ability to read and direct music
Salary Range based upon experience:
$9,000- 12,000 annually
Interested Candidates please send Resume and letter of intent to:
Contact: Dale Fredrickson
Address: 1600 S. PEARL ST Denver CO 80210
Email: Click to email