October 12, 2022
- Support the lead pastor with correspondence and communication as needed
- Assist lead pastor in maintaining a workable daily schedule; attend meetings and/or keep minutes as required
- Initiate consistent congregation touchpoints for lead pastor
- Coordinate various worship responsibilities such as baptismal certificates, reception and processing of new partners
- Coordinate scheduling and execution of Starting Point, which includes inviting new guests to Starting Point and coordinating Partner Sunday
- Serve as host for memorials (scheduling pastors, sound technicians, musicians/vocalists, equipment and space). This includes working closely with the families, mortuaries, florists and UWF (for receptions) and facilities staff.
- Assist Stephen Ministries with the mailing/record keeping of grief booklets mailed four times per year for each grieving family in need
- Manage and maintain the church membership database
- Create, maintain and assist the congregation and general public with event registration websites for major events including VBS, SERVE Weekend and musicals
- Support all areas of preparation for worship as needed
- Act as liaison for special projects as defined by lead pastor
- Actively protect study, prayer, message writing and personal time of lead pastor
- Field and disseminate inquiries in a timely and professional manner, monitoring church email account and voice messages to the general voicemail
- Day to day administrative tasks: answer phones, mailings, greetings/assisting guests and ordering office/ministry supplies
- Plan and execute Blessing Sunday activities in conjunction with the Director of Operations
- Manage church voice message system, maintaining timely updates to the general mailbox messages
- Ensure coverage of front desk, utilizing Receptionist, volunteers and this position
- Candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- A college degree is preferred and 3+ years of administrative office experience required.
- Advanced MS Office skills, spreadsheet and database experience, attention to detail, a positive attitude and excellent customer service are required.
- Detailed knowledge of the worship process and the various religious observations of the Methodist faith.
- Welcoming spirit and desire to help.
- Understanding of the grief process and the ability to shepherd families from the beginning to the end of funerals/memorials.
- Experience with Servant Keeper or similar church database, SignUp Genius and Planning Center desired.
MS Office, including MS Word, MS Outlook, Excel, Publisher and Power Point
Scan, large volume printing and copying technology.
Work as a willing team member
Superior organizational skills
Strong problem-solving skills
Excellent communication skills
Compensation is based on experience. Hourly pay ranges from $19.70 to $21.00. This position is eligible for accrued paid-time-off (PTO), up to 12 paid holidays off annually (depending on typical work schedule),
eligibility for participation in Pension Plan (3% Employer Contribution) after one year of service, access to participate in Group Health Insurance (90% Employer/10% Employee) and access to participate in Disability/Life/Dental Insurance Plans (100% Employer Paid).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
BROOMFIELD UMC treats all employees equally and fairly regardless of their race, gender, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identify or disability in employment. As a religious organization BROOMFIELD UMC is allowed to consider religion/religious beliefs and the religious requirements of the United Methodist Church in our employment.
BROOMFIELD UMC complies with and abides by all regulations in this classification as prescribed by law.
Interested candidates please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Ministry Assistant" as your subject line.
Contact: Mindy Davidson
545 W 10th Ave Broomfield CO 80020
Email: Click to email