Mountain Sky Appointment Announcements Learn more
· Establish productive, professional relationships with constituency groups and partners through networking and direct contact.
· Supports and educates constituency groups and partners such as Annual Conference Commission on Religion and Race or equivalent, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion teams, Cross-Racial/Cross-Cultural leaders, Racial and Ethnic Plans and Caucuses, etc.
· Coordinates the planning and implementation of inter-cultural competency training and resources for United Methodist clergy, laity, bishops, and other church leadership serving in Cross-Racial/Cross-Cultural ministry settings.
· Lead the consultation and planning process with conferences, local churches, and pastors serving in Cross-Racial/Cross-Cultural and multicultural ministry settings.
· Develops and designs innovative events (virtual, hybrid, and in-person) and educational materials based on current research in the field of intercultural competency and other related fields. Events, resources, and curriculum should be comprehensive to include differences in learning styles.
· Serve as leader for workshops, trainings, and other educational activities on subject but not limited to intercultural competency, cross-racial/cross-cultural ministry, multicultural ministry, and community dialogue and change processes.
· Conducts ongoing needs analysis to identify opportunities for new and needed training resources for the various networks GCORR relates to.
· Bachelor’s Degree is required/Master’s degree preferred in a related field.
· Extensive education and work in the areas of networking, multiculturalism, intercultural competency, and cross-racial/cross-cultural appointments.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to resolve problems, manage projects, or achieve appropriate solutions.
· Minimum of five years of pastoral experience in a Cross-Racial/Cross-Cultural ministry setting.
· Clear understanding of United Methodist Polity.
· Experience working with diverse racial and ethnic leaders.
· Ability to handle a variety of key initiatives concurrently and being able to be flexible in changing priorities.
· Strong commitment to working with diverse teams.
· Ability to travel, internationally and domestically, approximately 50-60% of the time, or as needed.
· This position is located in Washington, DC but can be negotiated to be remote.
Email resume and cover letter to:
Closing Date: Until Position Filled
GCORR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities. All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully completing background, reference, and other applicable checks.
No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms
Contact: Cianta Hogan
Address: 100 Maryland Ave. NE Washington DC 20002
Email: Click to email