Mountain Sky Appointment Announcements Learn more
Purpose: To develop and lead the music ministry for Highlands United Methodist Church, in consultation with the pastor and other team members, in a way consistent with our mission, values, and theology.
Hourly employee position: $25/hr up to 8 hrs/week
Onsite Time Requirements:
• Sunday Mornings from 8 am to 12 pm (Services are at 9 am and 10:30 am)
• Blue Christmas, Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, and Maundy Thursday Services
• To coordinate the planning and implementation of a comprehensive music ministry for the congregation and community.
• To continually learn both about music and about the people in the congregation and community so that you can plan music appropriate to their needs.
• To be familiar with the overall goals the congregation has set for itself, how these goals influence its music programs, and how these goals may be extended.
• Nurture the musical talents of all congregation members, recruit new members into the music program, and expand the opportunities available for participation in the music program.
• To keep the congregation informed about the musical needs of people, the goals of the music program, and the resources available that will help the congregation reach these goals.
• To promote the spiritual life of the congregation and its members through music ministry.
• To be responsible for guiding the work of the music program throughout the year.
• To plan, at least quarterly, for worship with the pastor and accompanist.
• To link with organizations, people, and resources in and beyond the congregation.
Examples of Tasks:
• Song leadership or hymns at services.
o Providing special music as needed.
• Ensuring musical leadership is present when absent.
o Communicate plans for substitutes in communicated in advance.
o Ensure volunteer and guest musicians are paid and appreciated as appropriate.
• Submit annual budget requests and manage budget line items related to music ministries.
• Organizing small groups of singers and supporting their worship contributions.
• Possess, at a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in music and experience performing in and conducting vocal ensembles (the degree requirement may be waived, under certain circumstances, with sufficient additional experience)
• Vocal training and singing skills.
• Ability to listen to and communicate with people of all ages and musical backgrounds.
• Interest in a wide range of musical experiences.
• Skills for researching music issues and programs related to people in the congregation and community.
• Sensitivity to what makes worship effective.
To learn more about the position, please contact Pastor Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: pastor Stephanie Price
Address: 3131 Osceola Street Denver CO 80212
Email: Click to email