Family Ministries Assistant
August 30, 2023
- Work within strengths alongside Director of Family Ministries in creating, planning, overseeing, and executing all children’s programming, including special, weekly and monthly events.
- Assist Director of Family Ministries on Sundays to provide a warm and welcoming environment for children, parents, and volunteers of Children’s Sunday school and Community Time.
- Work in partnership with Director of Family Ministries in the development, selection, and planning of curriculum for all children through 5th grade.
- Work in partnership with Director of Family Ministries to recruit, train and oversee volunteers for all programs.
- Assist with all preparations needed for quality, creative and artistic programming for all age children, including shopping for supplies as needed and prepping weekly lessons for volunteers.
- Organize and plan programming for Parents Night Out and other Special Events
- Assist with tracking and tabulation of attendance.
- Coordinate and manage weekly and as needed email communications to parents.
- Strive to regularly increase hospitality and personal interaction with the families visiting and attending Broomfield UMC.
- Ensure inventory of supplies is well-stocked and organized.
- Assist Director of Family Ministries in any and all other aspects of ministry as necessary.
- Candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- At least 3+ years of experience working with children from birth to 5th grade in a Sunday School or learning environment required.
- At least 3+ years of administrative office experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office skills, spreadsheet and database experience, attention to detail, a positive attitude and excellent hospitality skills are required.
- Welcoming spirit and desire to help.
- Valid CPR, First Aid, Medicine Administration Certifications
- Experience sharing personal faith and Bible lessons with children.
- A detailed knowledge of the church processes and procedures and the various religious observations of the United Methodist faith.
- A welcoming spirit and desire to invest in children and their faith journey.
MS Office, including MS Word, MS Outlook, Excel
Google Drive and YouTube Channel Dashboard
Work as a willing team member
Superior organizational skills
Strong problem-solving skills
Excellent communication skills
Compensation is based on experience. Hourly pay starts at $17.00. This position is eligible for up to 12 paid holidays off annually (depending on typical work schedule)
. This position is not eligible for any other benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
BROOMFIELD UMC treats all employees equally and fairly regardless of their race, gender, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or disability in employment. As a religious organization BROOMFIELD UMC is allowed to consider religion/religious beliefs and the religious requirements of the United Methodist Church in our employment.
BROOMFIELD UMC complies with and abides by all regulations in this classification as prescribed by law.
Interested candidates please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Family Ministries Assistant" as your subject line.
Contact: Mindy Davidson
545 W10th Ave Broomfield CO 80020
Email: Click to email