Audio-Visual Technician (Livestream)
September 25, 2023
- Perform the livestreaming of the 10:30 service on a weekly basis. The position is responsible for ensuring Sunday and other worship coverage / backup when not able to personally perform this function.
- Supervise and/or lead all aspects of the livestreaming ministry at Augustana;
- Maintain up to date process and procedure manual for livestreaming;
- Enlist, select, train, and develop technical volunteers to assist in the livestreaming mission;
- Schedule tech volunteers for rehearsals, services, funerals, weddings, and other events;
- Collaborate with the Worship Committee, Director of Music Ministry, and the pastors to provide for technical and digital enhancement of all worship services;
- Keep informed of current technology trends, utilizing them where/when appropriate;
- Monitor equipment performance and escalate needs for repair/replacement to the proper staff and/or Property Committee.
- Work with outside vendor(s) to install and maintain all audio, video, projection, lighting, streaming, internet, computer, software, and all technical equipment necessary for effective and efficient livestreaming of content;
- Actively participate in appropriate staff meetings and church-wide meetings;
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Working knowledge of audio, video, projection, lighting, staging, computer hardware and operating systems, editing and recording software, internet connectivity and transmission, and methods of digital distribution, e.g., mobile apps, social media (YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) that Augustana members, non-members and others might use in accessing Augustana livestreaming content.
- Proficient use of software and technology is expected. This includes working side-by-side with current and future technology vendors and Augustana’s Property Committee in the ongoing upkeep of equipment configurations for audio, video, lighting and control mechanisms, together with related software.
- Knowledge of and adherence to legal and other requirements in the electronic distribution of content, e.g., copyrighted and licensed material.
Education and Experience:
- Strong project management skills
- Customer service orientation
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Teaching/training skills
- Technical engineering skills
- Decision making
- Problem solving, including highly technical problem solving with little/no external support.
- Demonstrated ability with appropriate software
- Leadership and professionalism
- Ability to function effectively independently and as a member of a team
- Experience with Liturgy and Worship
- Related degree and/or experience in video/audio production and livestreaming of internet content.
Contact: Bill Crossen
5000 E Alameda Avenue Denver CO 80246
Phone: 303-388-4678 x103
Email: Click to email