Office Manager (Full-time) - Green Mountain UMC
November 09, 2023
|The position of Office Manager is often the first person the public sees and talks to when visiting or contacting the church. The Office Manager will be employed 30 hours per week (hours negotiated with Pastor and Staff-Parish Relations committee). The Office Manager shall be supervised and evaluated by the Senior Pastor and Staff-Parish Relations Committee. This person primarily will be responsible for the duties listed below as well as other occasional duties as requested.
- Maintain the membership data base
- Generate address labels and "lists" as needed
- Attend quarterly staff meeting and monthly church council meeting
- Take telephone & walk-in questions, including work area inquiries; field congregational questions and concerns; refer problems or questions to appropriate staff
- Manage email for general church address
- Supervise preparation and distribution of the monthly newsletter
- Prepare weekly bulletin, funeral bulletins upon request, special services bulletins
- Manage building use rentals
- Manage security system card controls
- Refer building concerns to trustees or custodial staff
- Propose and manage office budget
- Order office supplies, seasonal flowers, and supplies for Church services and serve as liaison to office equipment suppliers and contractors.
- Supervise one volunteer assisting with maintaining membership and visitor records and preparing welcome letters and one part-time staff member assisting with printing and mailing and other related administrative duties.
- Maintain employee personnel records
- Assist with annual stewardship campaign mailings
- Maintain All-Church calendar in outer office
- Update the church’s website monthly
- Provide technical support for operation of the church’s computers
- Be available to all committee chairs for various administrative requests
- Manage the church’s social media accounts
- Compile propresenter presentations including announcements
- Update the contributions in Church software and send out corresponding statements
- Maintain automatic withdrawals
- Update live streaming.
- Other duties as requested
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Quickbooks
- Ability to operate copiers, folding machines, laminating machines, etc.
- Effective verbal, editorial and publishing skills
- Ability to protect the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality.
- Willingness to learn new skills, work as a team player, and overall dependability and accessibility.
Contact: Alyssa Olson
12755 W Cedar Dr Lakewood CO 80228
Email: Click to email