Administrative Assistant - Rocky Mountain Conference Office, Greenwood Village, Colorado
August 25, 2016
Position Title: Administrative Assistant to the Director of Mission and Ministry and to the Treasurer/Benefits Officer/Director of Support Services
Reports to: Director of Mission and Ministry and Treasurer/Benefits Officer/Director of Support Services
Department: Mission and Ministry
Date: August 2016
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
To provide administrative support to the Director of Mission and Ministry and the Treasurer/Benefits Officer/Director of Support Services.
As Administrative Assistant to the Director of Mission and Ministry:
- Prepare and edit correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Respond to routine correspondence and referrals of special needs.
- Provide meeting support for the various boards, commissions, and task groups in which the Directors participate.
- Provide quality customer service to all internal and external constituents.
- Perform tasks with high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
As Administrative Assistant to the Treasurer/Benefits Officer/Director of Support Services:
- Provide daily administrative support for the Director of Mission and Ministry, including:
- Record keeping and filing.
- Answer the phone and relay messages.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including mail, faxes, and email.
- Manage the Director’s calendar, including scheduling meetings and appointments.
- Make travel and meeting arrangements.
- Manage the office of the Director of Mission and Ministry:
- Manage contacts.
- Maintain files and information concerning relevant Boards, Commissions and task groups.
- Maintain a professional office environment.
- Work with Mission and Ministry staff to coordinate and plan events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide general administration support.
- Assist in addressing building and equipment issues for conference office and conference owned properties by communicating with service people/companies.
- Provide administrative support to finance and administration staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
Education or Formal Training:
- Proficiency with current digital tools for the office environment, especially:
- MS Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint
- Video conferencing, such as Skype, Google Hangouts, and Adobe Connect
- Database experience
- Dropbox and other online file storage/sharing tools
- Typing speed of at least 50 wpm
- Ability and willingness to learn new software and related skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to compose correspondence, take minutes, proofread written documents, answer the phone, organize and respond to mail and phone calls on a timely basis.
- Pleasant and professional manner while working in diverse forms of service and interacting with diverse constituencies.
- Organized, efficient, and resourceful.
- Ability to complete tasks on deadline with excellence and accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and set priorities to meet the needs of two supervisors.
- Ability to create and maintain organizational systems for the office environment (filing, etc.).
- Demonstrated emotional maturity and stability.
- Knowledge of the United Methodist Church structure and processes strongly preferred.
- Recognized Christian character, leadership ability, personal competence and commitment to the Church’s ministry.
- Willingness to engage in a continuing program of personal and professional development.
Minimum two-year college degree; four-year degree preferred (may substitute relevant experience).
Minimum five years’ experience working in an administrative support capacity in an office environment. Experience as executive assistant preferred.
General business and office environment.
Operation of computer, telephone, photocopier, facsimile, and related administrative office equipment. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Contact: Jana Collins
6110 Greenwood Plaza Blvd Greenwood Village CO 80111
Email: Click to email
Attached file(s): view file