Administrative Assistant - Scott UMC, Denver, Colorado
February 19, 2018
Scott UMC is seeking an Administrative Assistant-Part-Time. An individual with strong computer skills, social media skills, and knowledge of office equipment is needed.
For a full copy of the Job Description and application, please go to www.scottumc-denver.org
For more information contact the SUMC office at 303-322-8967
TITLE: Church Administrative Assistant – Part-Time Position
10 a.m. – 2 p.m. (Range $11.00-$13.00/hr. – 4 hours/day - 16
hours per week; Tuesday - Friday); hours and compensation to grow as the needs of the church grow.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Primary function is to oversee all activities of the main church office. This person reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPECTATIONS:
- A member of a church in good standing
- Understand church administration as ministry
- Ever conscious of the need for confidentiality; exercising discernment and wise judgment
- A self-starter demonstrating personal initiative—ability to work independently; willing to seek information, training and new resources; good at prioritizing projects
- Exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, teachability, adaptability and accountability
- Willing and able to work at an effective pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility
- Strong computer skills are imperative (MS Windows--Word, Excel, Access or other database software, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Gmail, CRM software, accurate typing
- Proficiency in the use of standard office tools: fax, copy machine, scanner, etc.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and an eye for excellence
- Excellent command of English composition and punctuation
- Minimum of three years general clerical experience preferred
- Social Media skills a plus– Facebook, Twitter, Websites, etc.
CHURCH ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Maintenance and organization of the church office area.
- Maintain filing based on conference recommended records retention standards.
- Ordering and maintenance of office supplies and equipment.
- Manage communications— phone calls; package delivery and mail distribution and/or response; check and respond to emails; route messages, faxes, etc., as appropriate.
- Correspondence (writing letters/cards), as needed and/or directed.
- Organization and maintenance of church calendar and pastor’s calendar; coordinate building usage by church and non-church groups with Board of Trustees.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for speaking engagements.
- Setup up pastoral counseling meetings and other appointments.
- Coordinate scheduling for weddings and baptisms.
- Assist with accurate membership recordkeeping (new members, baptisms, weddings, deaths, etc.).
- Process baptism, confirmation, and re-affirmation certificates.
- Prepare new members information packets and coordinate receptions, as needed.
- Notify all Pastoral Staff and/or designated Laity of member hospitalizations, deaths, etc.
- Coordinate employee meetings, lunches, etc., as needed.
- Prepare, proof, print, and distribute weekly bulletins.
- Maintain and update all standard forms and ministry literature, as needed/requested.
- Maintain petty cash with accurate records and receipts.
- Prepare Annual Reports.
- Prepare and maintain an Office Procedures & Reference Manual.
Contact: Daphne L. Hunter
2880 Garfield St. Denver CO 80015
Email: Click to email