Assistant Youth Director - St. Andrew UMC, Highlands Ranch, Colorado
August 08, 2017
St. Andrew UMC is a dynamic, growing United Methodist congregation with a strong youth program, and we need an Assistant Youth Director to work with youth and families. This full-time position will report to the Youth Director, and involves teaching, leading groups on service and mission projects, supporting youth leaders in guiding the program, helping to recruit, guide, and train adult volunteers, helping to plan youth programs and events, and offering compassionate care to youth and their families in times of need.
St. Andrew is a theologically progressive, reconciling congregation in Highlands Ranch, Colorado. We value intergenerational work and collaboration across ministry areas, and we are committed to work beyond the church walls for the common good. Submit resumes to Stacie Wheelis at email@example.com. If you have questions about the position, feel free to contact Andy Dunning at 303.794.2683 x 153 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Assistant Youth Director
Type of Job: Full-Time, Exempt
Organization Type: Faith-based
The Assistant Youth Director works with the youth director, youth administrative assistant, church staff and volunteers to ensure smooth operation of St. Andrew’s youth ministry.
- Assist with leadership of all youth ministry groups and classes as determined in consultation with the youth director.
- Work with youth ministry administrative staff to make certain administrative work is supporting the ministry.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the youth Servant and Leadership Team (SALT) and with Clifton Ministries peer ministry group to guide and support each group’s leadership functions.
- Assist with planning for various youth events and activities to assure integration of the total youth program.
- Help recruit and develop adult volunteers for all aspects of youth ministry.
- Maintain effective communication with youth director, youth administrative assistant and youth student assistants to ensure a team approach.
- Aid in the development and procurement of meaningful resources for the spiritual development of youth.
- Offer compassionate and caring response to youth and their families in need.
- Seek and complete continuing education opportunities designed to enhance knowledge and expand skills associated with this position.
- Prior experience working with youth in a church setting
- Experience in group leadership
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Passion for youth and the demonstrated ability to work well with them.
- Ability to work concurrently on several projects and activities
- Strong skills in leading both small and large groups of youth and adults.
- Excellent organizational, people and communication skills and the ability to utilize those skills to coordinate and motivate volunteers.
- Commitment to the values, mission and vision of St. Andrew United Methodist Church.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to operate vehicle safely
- Valid driver’s license
- Acceptable driving record
- Reliable and safe personal vehicle
Schedule is variable and flexible, including evening and weekend work
Bachelor’s Degree or higher education
Must be able to work in a dynamic office environment as part of a team under often fast-changing conditions
Contact: Stacie Wheelis
9203 S. University Blvd Highlands Ranch CO 80126