The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1) Assist with leadership of all youth ministry groups and classes as determined in consultation with the youth director.
2) Work with youth ministry administrative staff to make certain administrative work is supporting the ministry.
3) Serve as an ex-officio member of the youth Servant and Leadership Team (SALT) to guide and support leadership functions.
4) Assist with planning for various youth events and activities to assure integration of the total youth program.
5) Help recruit and develop adult volunteers for all aspects of youth ministry.
6) Maintain effective communication with youth director, youth administrative assistant and youth student assistant to ensure a team approach.
7) Aid in the development and procurement of meaningful resources for the spiritual development of youth.
8) Offer timely, compassionate and caring response to youth and their families in need.
9) Seek and complete continuing education opportunities designed to enhance knowledge and expand skills associated with this position.
Bachelor of Arts or equivalent degree.
1) Demonstrate a passion for youth and possess the ability to work well with them while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
2) Possess the ability to work concurrently on several projects and activities.
3) Display strong skills in leading both small and large groups of youth and adults.
4) Have excellent organizational, people and communication skills and the ability to utilize those skills to coordinate and motivate volunteers.
5) Shows commitment to the values, mission and vision of St. Andrew United Methodist Church.
6) Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
7) Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
One year of experience working with youth in a church setting, preferred.
Push, pull and lift up to 20 pounds.
St. Andrew is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates will be expected to undergo drug screening and conform to the church’s Protection Policy for Children, Youth and Vulnerable Adults.
Contact: Stacie Wheelis
Address: 9203 S. University Blvd Highlands Ranch 80126