Associate Director of Worship Arts - Broomfield UMC, Broomfield, Colorado
December 18, 2017
Broomfield United Methodist Church, a thriving suburban congregation with multiple worship styles, is looking for an Associate Director of Worship Arts. This is a part-time position, 15-20 hours a week. The Associate Director will collaborate with the Director of Worship Arts and the ministry team to create meaningful, engaging traditional worship experiences with high quality worship music. Primary duties include directing the Chancel Choir, supervising all traditional worship and personnel, and directing instrumental ensembles.
- Plans and implements the traditional worship life of the congregation at the direction of the Broomfield UMC Director of Worship Arts and Senior Pastor
- Supervises all music of traditional service including sound and tech personnel, pianists and organists
- Is responsible for coordinating the organization, direction, practices and performances of all the traditional musical ensembles of the congregation. Responsible primarily for the Chancel Choir, as well as small vocal and instrumental ensembles.
- Selects the music for and directs the Chancel Choir anthem at traditional Sunday morning worship service, and provides special music for special worship services
- Directs weekly choir rehearsals, worship services and additional special services and rehearsals as necessary
- Works with Director of Children’s Music to incorporate Children’s Music Ministry into traditional worship service
- Selects and orders music within the Worship Arts Ministry budget
- Recruits and communicates with new members interested in music ministries at Broomfield UMC
- Provides service order information to the Director of Communications for publication in the weekly bulletin
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references to email@example.com
Contact: Mindy Davidson
545 W 10th Ave Broomfield CO 80020