Audio Visual Technician - Brighton UMC, Brighton, Colorado
May 19, 2017
Brighton United Methodist Church is look for and Audio Visual Technician Trainee to work with our current AV Technician for several weeks and then replace him. Primary duties include operating the sound board, microphones, and computer during Sunday worship services and other special events in the sanctuary. It requires up to 3 hours on Sunday morning and varying times for special services and events. A full job description and application are available from the Church office.
Purpose of the Job: The Audio Visual Technician operates the sound system and screen projection during Sunday worship services and other special events in the sanctuary.
Schedule: Part time up to 3 hours during Sunday worship and varying times for special services and 5th Sunday Sings. This position is paid a flat fee for each service or event.
Reports to: Senior Pastor and coordinates with the Music Director
- Sets up and tests sound system and microphones prior to worship service
- Prepares computer and projector to display visual images on sanctuary screen
- Follows the order of worship and runs the sound board, microphones, and computer to support the worship service music and announcements
- Records the worship service on CD and saves the recording to a laptop file for the Office Manager
- Checks the sound board and microphone connections following the end of worship service
- Collaborates with staff and volunteers to provide professional sound and audio visual services for all church functions
- Trains and schedules substitute A/V Technicians during all absences
- Troubleshoots sound and projection problems
- Operates church audio visual equipment on a freelance/contractual basis for funerals and other outside programs
- Commitment to the Christian faith and teachings
- Audio Visual and/or Sound engineering experience preferred
- Video production experience helpful
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to focus on tasks
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds; get down and up from the floor; bend, stoop and twist; and climb stairs to reach the church choir loft
Contact: Lisa Wenninger, Office Manager
625 South 8th Street Brighotn CO 80601
Email: Click to email