Chef and Kitchen Manager - Break Bread, Littleton United Methodist Church, Littleton, Colorado
November 08, 2018
Break Bread brings people from diverse backgrounds together every Saturday evening for nourishment of our bodies and our spirits. Friendships are developing. Understanding is expanding. Community is forming. People are being transformed. Join this movement of neighbors in the city of Littleton.
Break Bread Chef and Littleton United Methodist Church Kitchen Manager: Job Description
OVERVIEW: Break Bread is a 501c3 non-profit organization (founded 2017) serving the food insecure in Littleton, CO. The mission of Break Bread is to build meaningful relationships among our neighbors through a weekly community meal that offers nourishment, unconditional love, and abundant grace.
The chef of Break Bread is responsible for meal preparation and service of the Saturday evening weekly meal. The Break Bread chef also acts as the kitchen manager for Littleton United Methodist Church (LUMC, founded 1890), responsible for maintaining and operations of the kitchen for the LUMC and community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Menu planning, ingredient procurement, and preparation of the weekly meal, within budget
- Maintain a safe, clean, secure working environment for all staff, kitchen users, volunteers and meal participants
- Train all volunteers and kitchen users on food and kitchen safety.
- Kitchen operations of the weekly meal, and all other meals as needed.
- Order supplies and other kitchen needs.
- Support Break Bread outreach events as needed.
- Perform other related and special duties as needed and as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
THE RIGHT APPLICANT SHOULD EMBRACE:
- The mission, values, and outreach of Break Bread
- Compassionately and calmly train and work with guest chefs and volunteers of all abilities
- Uphold all Health Department regulations and standards
- Organizational skills in kitchen operations and Break Bread operational goals
- High school graduate or equivalent with minimum four years of high volume cooking/kitchen experience.
- ServeSafe certification or equivalent.
- Experience working in commercial kitchen
- Comprehensive understanding of health code and kitchen maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment and computer applications needed including Word and Excel.
- Strong supervisory skills and personality necessary to direct and train volunteers.
- A leader with the ability to work with multiple stake holders including volunteers, church members, outside groups, and guests.
- Spanish language skills a plus
HOURS: 30 hours/week total
- 20 hours dedicated to Break Bread operations per week including working weekends.
- 10 hours additional as the LUMC Kitchen Manager including Sunday mornings
- Attend weekly planning meetings with Directors or Committees as required
- Independent work as needed to secure ingredients, menu planning, and other tasks
- Organize products and ingredients as needed
- Flexible Hours (outside of required sessions)
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year after first year
Status Type: Part time, Salaried, Exempt.
Reports to: Break Bread Director
Send Resumes by Nov. 18 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Matt Lichlyter
5894 S Datura St Littleton CO 80120
Email: Click to email