Church Music Leader - Scott UMC, Denver, Colorado
September 05, 2017
Scott United Methodist Church seeks an energetic musically skilled, collaborative Church Music Leader to develop and lead the music program. Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call (303-322-8967) for more information.
- Collaborate with the pastor and worship leaders to plan worship services, special services, seasonal events and select appropriate music.
- Lead choir rehearsals (currently scheduled for 6:30 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday evenings)
- Play organ, piano, and/or other instruments to meet musical needs of worship services.
- Play for special services throughout the year (i.e. Lenten Services, weddings, funerals, etc.); additional compensation provided.
- Direct congregational singing, as well as choirs, praise teams, and instrumentalists.
- Seek guest musicians on selected Sundays, other occasions, and in the absence of the choir.
- Basic skills as a choir director: rehearsal planning and pacing, choral conducting, repertoire planning, etc.
- Flexible musical palette, knowledge of sacred music and ability to select from a variety of musical genres that inspire and enhance worship.
- Positive and relational leadership style that helps create a positive and uplifting experience for volunteer musicians and singers
- The ability to teach people with varying degrees of musical knowledge.
- Desire and ability to build musical excellence in the church.
- Desire and ability to participate fully in the life of a growing church.
- A personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Prefer at least 2 years of experience working with choirs in a sacred setting
- A spirit of collaboration with the pastor, staff members, and worship planners.
- Skilled in playing the organ and piano.
- Skilled as an accompanist to lead congregational singing, choir, and soloists as necessary.
Contact: Daphne L. Hunter
2880 Garfield St. Denver CO 80205
Email: Click to email