Church Nursery Worker - University Park UMC, Denver, CO
July 04, 2019
Church Nursery Worker
Overall Purpose – To provide dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to the children while at University Park United Methodist Church, ages 0-5 years in a clean and safe environment.
Accountability– The Church Nursery Worker will report directly to the Nursery Coordinator who is accountable to the Director & Assistant Director of Journeys in Faith, who is accountable to the senior pastor.
Schedule and Working Conditions – The Church Nursery Worker will arrive 15 minutes prior to Morning Worship. Childcare hours include every Sunday between the hours of 8:15 AM to 12:00 PM during the regular program year. Hours may vary during the summer, special services/events, and holidays.
Basic Qualifications – The following are the minimum requirements for this position:
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Church Nursery Worker
- Experience in caring for children between the ages of 0 to 5 with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities.
- At least 18 years of age
- Satisfactory completion of background check and drug screening?
- Must present the results of a current (within 1 year) Tuberculin and current immunizations.
- Satisfactory completion of CPR training for infants and children.
- Three successful references
- Must adhere to the United Methodist Safe Sanctuaries policy guidelines set by University Park United Methodist Church and attend all required trainings
- Responsible for age-appropriate care which includes: feeding, changing diapers, escorting to the bathroom, maintain a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, books, stories, play’s and prayer. Universal precautions should always be used while changing diapers or time of body fluids.
- Stay until all children are properly secured with a responsible adult.
- Straighten the room and clean/sanitize any toys/beds before leaving. All toys that have had contact with saliva will require special attention. A sanitizing solution will be available to use in the nursery.
- Attend an evaluation after a 90-day probationary period and thereafter annually.
- Report directly to the Nursery Coordinator.
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
- Any planned absences should have a two-week written notice submitted directly to the Nursery Coordinator. Nursery Coordinator and Nursery Worker is responsible for finding replacement at least a week prior to the day of absence. If the absence is unexpected, the Church Nursery Worker must notify the Nursery Coordinator immediately and find their replacement.
- Other duties as assigned as nursery needs, position and processes evolve and change.
- Compensation: $12-$20/hr.
– As a part-time position, benefits are outlined in the Personnel Policy of Lay Employees of UPUMC. Be aware that while the church does offer vacation and compensatory time, the church cannot offer life insurance, major medical insurance, or short- or long-term disability at this time.
- There will be a 90-day probationary period where either party may terminate employment without cause. Beyond this a two-week written notice is required.
- Dependability is essential. Tardiness and excessiveness absences cannot be tolerated and may result in termination.
If interested please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, July 17, 2019
Contact: Rahdearra Paris Woods
2180 S. University Blvd. Denver CO 80210
Phone: 13037225736 ext. 110
Email: Click to email
Attached file(s): view file