August 05, 2019
The Mountain Sky Conference of The United Methodist Church is seeking a Communications Associate. The Communications Associate assists with the essential tasks of telling the good news of the faithful and fruitful ministry of Jesus Christ through the Mountain Sky Conference and The United Methodist Church. This position will be based in the Denver Conference Office in Greenwood Village, Colorado.
- Assist in maintaining websites, videos, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other media sites for the Mountain Sky Conference.
- Produce regular newsletters for the Conference.
- Capture critical stories that share God’s work inside the Conference and beyond.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of news releases about Conference positions on current issues, major changes, decisions, events and programs.
- Share and repost relevant General, Conference, District and Local Church news and events as appropriate.
- Distribute communications that are inclusive of language-specific peoples and churches.
- Work with staff and volunteers to ensure all materials have a consistent tone and presentation.
- Design logos, graphics and other visual materials for Conference use.
- Record and edit video for various Conference staff teams and ministry committees.
- During annual conference season, assist with special project such as videos, graphics, website content and printed materials.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated competency in use of multimedia, computer, video, audio, digital, and social media technology.
- Advanced ability in media production, website management, graphic design and use of computer software applicable to the position.
- Experience in working with public media, including facilitating press conferences and developing press releases.
- Experience in building relationships and providing excellent customer service.
- Experience in leadership and communication in multi-cultural and diverse environments.
- Demonstrated professionalism, emotional maturity and stability.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- A continuing program of enrichment including participation in personal renewal, educational opportunities, and development of spiritual life.
- Knowledge and understanding of the mission, vision and structure of The United Methodist Church.
- Complete an online application.
- On the online application, submit a cover letter, resume and three references (one from a direct supervisor).
- Suitable candidates will be required to complete a background check.
No mailed materials will be accepted. Only complete online applications, with all materials uploaded, will be accepted. Applications will be received and considered on a rolling basis.
The mission of the Mountain Sky Conference of The United Methodist Church is to live into God’s grace and abundance as we lead a re-energized peaceful and compassionate movement to claim the life-changing love of Jesus Christ for ALL people.