Conference Treasurer and Director of Administration - Upper New York Conference of The United Methodist Church
March 07, 2018
The Upper New York Conference of The United Methodist Church is currently seeking a Conference Treasurer. This role is responsible for budget coordination, cash and investment management, central treasury operations, financial reporting and accounting management of all conference assets, supervision of finance staff, the administrative functions of the annual conference in support of all ministry and mission areas, including property and office support.
- Perform the duties of conference treasurer.
- Implement procedures to fulfill the duties of the conference trustees.
- Serve as the corporate officer of the corporation as so nominated by the Conference Council on Finance and Administration and elected by the annual conference.
- Advise the resident Bishop on financial matters.
- Serve as primary or secondary staff person to administrative teams, boards, committees, and agencies of the conference.
- Build and align financial, administrative, and asset planning and management processes in the Upper New York Annual Conference to ensure adequate support and growth of the entire system.
- Manage receipts and disbursements of conference and General Church funds.
- Administer and monitor the development of the annual conference budget, in consultation with the conference council of finance and administration.
- Manage the cash of the conference including short-term investments, certificates of deposit, borrowings, and all banking relationships.
- Manage special financial campaigns.
- Maintain liaison with General Council on Finance & Administration.
- Calculate ministry shares (apportionments) and provide guidance to churches and congregations.
- Supervise and evaluate finance staff, including managing staff, coordinating the finance department, directing staff, and relating to staff.
- Facilitate, in consultation with the Conference Personnel Committee, the process of recruiting, hiring, supervising, and evaluating conference finance staff by using conference policies and procedures.
- Manage the collection and review of statistical information from local churches, in consultation with the conference statistician.
- Provide information and training and respond to questions by pastors, local church leaders, etc. relating to church and clergy tax issues, finances, budgeting, internal control, required forms, legal requirements and issues, property issues, etc.
The deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday, April 4, 2018
. Click here for the full job description
Contact: Emily Chiles
Email: Click to email