Cook, Kitchen & Hospitality Coordinator - First UMC, Fort Collins, Colorado
October 26, 2016
Cook, Kitchen & Hospitality Ministry Coordinator
(Part time: Min. 6 and Max. 15 hours per week)
First United Methodist Church
Fort Collins, CO
Specific roles and responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications
- Prepares a variety of fresh nutritious meals with vegetarian options that are in keeping with the budgets for the Supper and the Spirit, Newcomers, and Hospitality, and other church-wide meals ensuring that all needs for meals are being met.
- Responsible for inquiring about food allergies and preparing and serving meals accordingly.
- Responsible for notifying the Church Office at least one week prior to events of the menu being served.
- Keeps kitchens clean, organized and properly stocked. Maintain proper kitchen sanitation standards.
- Manages and maintains cleanliness of inventory of church refrigerators and freezers.
- Responsible for inventory and use of shared hospitality items such as dishes, silverware, glasses, coffee urns, trays, and other items in the kitchens.
- Responsible for inventory of paper products supply for all ministry areas to include children, youth, adults, and older adults, church-wide meals, and special receptions as needed. Works with the Green Team to recycle and compost kitchen waste.
- Oversees inventory and stock of dry goods and other food items for the church’s general use. These items include tea, coffee, lemonade, salt, and pepper.
- Purchase kitchen items used for all ministry areas and church-wide events such as Fellowship Time, Newcomers Luncheon, and other events as needed.
- Coordinates meals purchased from outside vendors for multiple ministry groups as needed.
- Schedules and trains those using kitchen equipment.
- Works with Staff and Lay Ministry Leaders to plan meals as needed.
- Works with others responsible for meal preparation who use our kitchen (Family Faith Hospitality, Senior Council, and Funeral Receptions Committee) to ensure needs are being met.
- Works with the Facilities Director to ensure that all kitchen equipment are in good working order.
- Works with the Business Manager to make sure the Hospitality Ministry is in line with the budget.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- A good cook! Prepares meals desirable to the congregation.
- Experience in preparing meals for large groups.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong organization skills – plans in advance.
- Strong interpersonal skills – a “people” person.
- Strong team-building skills; demonstrates ability to bring people together for the hospitality ministry.
- Ability to quickly observe what works and what does not; receive feedback in a positive manner and quickly make corrections or adjustments as necessary.
- Ability to manage inventory and order supplies.
- A commitment to an environmentally friendly kitchen focused on recycling, composting, sustainability, and creation friendly practices.
- Varying schedule to include Wednesday afternoons and evenings, Sunday mornings and evenings, some other weekday afternoons and evenings, and some Saturdays.
Contact: Megan Wieck
1005 Stover St Fort Collins CO 80525