Coordinator of Children & Youth Faith Formation - Children & Youth Faith Formation, Colorado Springs, CO
April 27, 2020
Do you have a passion for guiding children and youth on their journey to become faithful and thoughtful adults?
Are you a person of faith who exhibits a commitment to Christ's Church and nurturing the spiritual needs of children and youth?
Do you hold an ecumenical/inclusive faith outlook; and are you supportive of United Church of Christ values? Are you capable of strong leadership; and do you hold organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)l? Do you have both education and experience in Christian education leadership roles?
Then you might be the person we are praying for! Coordinator of Children & Youth Faith Formation is a part-time non-exempt staff position (20-25 hours/week August-May with reduced hours the remainder of the summer). It includes Sunday mornings and some evening meetings and reports to the Senior Pastor.
General responsibilities & tasks:
- Administer creative, age-appropriate Church School activities for grades PreK-5th and meaningful youth programs, including fellowship, worship, and service opportunities for grades 6-12.
- Help teach Sunday morning Church School and be the on-site resource person. ●Identify, recruit, and train leaders for Church School, Summer programs, and Youth Ministry.
- Help implement Safe Church policies.
- Keep accurate records of attendance, expenses, and supplies, and submit regular reports as requested.
- Communicate in a timely manner with the Church School families and the broader church.
- A person of faith who exhibits a commitment to the Church; nurturing the spiritual needs of children & youth; an ecumenical/inclusive outlook; and is supportive of UCC values. ● Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in Christian education leadership roles preferred (w/o degree, the candidate will be asked to take classes to further their education) .
- Must have the ability to transport children to and from events, off-site excursions, and/or to seek medical attention when/if needed.
- Shall hold current certification in CPR (BLS) and First Aid.
Salary: $26000 - $32500 annually
Contact: Anne Cubbage
315 Lake Ave Colorado Springs CO 80906