Designer for NextGen and Inclusiveness Ministries - Mountain Sky Conference
February 05, 2020
The Mountain Sky Conference of The United Methodist Church is seeking a Designer for NextGen and Inclusiveness Ministries. This part-time position seeks to reach LGBTQ 14- to 25-year-old young people throughout the Mountain Sky Conference as a guide, mentor, advocate, and educator with and for a fully inclusive United Methodist Church. Applications due by March 1.
- Meet with pastors, youth leaders, and campus ministers in the Mountain Sky Conference to partner on outreach to Queer students, staff and faculty for education, spiritual growth, safe space, and community building.
- Partner with the Mountain Sky Conference on Young People’s ministry in forming small groups, safe spaces, and new expressions of faith life for the NextGen movement.
- Create opportunities with congregations for education on teen suicide, gender identity, sexual orientation, and inclusive and affirming worship spaces.
- Provide avenues for agency of NextGen constituents and members --- dream, explore, and create new faith groups, social justice trips, mentoring opportunities, and energy around the future of The United Methodist Church.
- Meet goals of increased numbers of baptisms, confirmations, and membership with young people because of these new expressions and safe spaces for those who identify as LGBTQ.
- Provide supportive spaces for parents and loved ones of LGBTQ youth - bring in pastors or educators to process the identity journey, provide Bible study and spiritual formation Zooms or in-person gatherings, offer the space to gather in districts or circuits.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Passion for and personal connection to LGBTQ and youth/young people’s issues.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, coach, and resource other leaders.
- Creativity that is energized by launching brand-new initiatives and a “do what it takes” mentality for start-up.
- Demonstrated experience working with—and developing leadership in—diverse communities (including age, race, gender, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, geography).
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborative approach to decision-making.
- Ability to work concurrently on several projects and activities, setting priorities and accomplishing tasks in a timely and effective manner.
- Fluency in popular social media platforms a must. Basic knowledge of HTML and web development a plus.
- Ability to honor confidentiality and use discretion in performing tasks.
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn United Methodist and Mountain Sky Conference structure, theology, polity and mission.
- Adherence to the values of the Mountain Sky Conference of The United Methodist Church, including respect for diversity in its many forms.
- Recognized Christian character, leadership ability, personal competence and commitment to the Church’s ministry.
- Complete an online application.
- On the online application, submit a cover letter, resume and three references (one from a direct supervisor).
- Suitable candidates will be required to complete a background check.
No mailed materials will be accepted. Only complete online applications, with all materials uploaded, will be accepted. Applications will be received and considered on a rolling basis.
The mission of the Mountain Sky Conference of The United Methodist Church is to live into God’s grace and abundance as we lead a re-energized peaceful and compassionate movement to claim the life-changing love of Jesus Christ for ALL people.
Contact: Pam VanAlstyne
6110 Greenwood Plaza Blvd. Greenwood Village CO 80111
Phone: (303) 389-9466
Attached file(s): view file