Director - Great Escape Preschool & Parent's Day Out - Littleton UMC, Littleton, Colorado
September 21, 2016
The position of Director will have all responsibilities for the overall operation of the Great Escape Preschool and Parent's Day Out Program at Littleton United Methodist Church. The candidate shall be at least 21 years of age and shall hold a letter of verification of Director qualifications from the State of Colorado Office of Child Care Services. Degree in Early Childhood Education is preferred. Experience visioning and growing a program is required. Must be a self-starter, possess strong interpersonal skills, be able to lead, motivate and manage staff and possess strong fiscal and budget knowledge. Education experience in a Christian setting is a plus.
They shall evidence an interest in and a knowledge of children and concern for their proper care and well-being and be free from any disability which will adversely impact job performance and free of any evidence present or past of personal conduct which may be injurious to children; complete training in universal precautions within 6 months of employment, and shall complete a minimum of 6 clock hours of verified in-service, workshop or conference training per year. Any applicant shall have a personal background check before being hired and may be subject to any subsequent checks during the term of employment. Keep energy level, enthusiasm and pride high.
- Operate and maintain the program in accordance with the Colorado Department of Social Services and LUMC requirements. This will include but not be limited to child abuse, fire drills, tornadoes, blizzards, lost children and injury of a child.
- Closely supervise the day-to-day operation of the program (Staff, Children, Parents, Visitors, Inspect Facility).
- Plan and implement mission, center goals, educational goals and objectives and oversee curriculum development in conjunction with Great Escape Board of Directors (GEBD) and/or Director of Children’s Ministry.
- Develop multi-year plan to meet mission and goals in conjunction with GEBD and/or Director of Children’s Ministry.
- Maintain program/family files on PC Database.
- Establish overall annual program budget which will include salary and fee structure. Obtain approval from GEBD and LUMC finance committee.
- Collect monthly program fees, input into PC financial program and prepare deposits weekly.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll of staff and submit to church office administrator.
- Coordinate all program purchases.
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise all staff members.
- Plan and implement staff development; maintain training records.
- Conduct staff meetings, seminars and/or workshops.
- Maintain personnel files on all staff members.
- Conduct staff evaluations as needed with formal evaluations not less than annually.
- Secure and approve monthly curriculum plans from all staff members.
- Develop and implement program marketing.
- Attend Church Staff meetings, Great Escape Board of Director meetings, Administrative Council meetings and Children’s Council meetings or have a representative attend on your behalf. This will allow the church to be informed regarding all aspects of the program.
- Maintain prompt and effective parent communication.
SUPERVISED BY/ACCOUNTABLE TO
- Senior Pastor and Great Escape Board of Directors
- Employee shall serve at will and nothing in this job description shall be construed as interfering with the employee at will status.
Contact: Lisa Perkins
5894 S. Datura Street Littleton CO 80120
Email: Click to email