Director of Children and Family Ministries - First UMC, Fort Collins, Colorado
February 22, 2018
First Church is seeking an energetic, children-loving Christian to lead and grow our children and family ministries. We are an inclusive, child-friendly community of faith. We accept people as they are and grow together toward fullness of life with God's creation. The right person will fit in well with our vision and mission, the structure of our children's ministries, theology, and children and their families, and work well with the Children and Family Council and laity to lead and grow a strong and
vibrant children's program. For more information please read the job description. Please send your applications and/or questions to Rev. Cynthia Paquette at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work Schedule / Hours: 32 hours per week; Sundays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays are required
Job Description Prime responsibilities:
- Develops and grows the children’s ministries to fulfill the vision and mission of the church.
- Executes a comprehensive and vibrant children and family ministry program including: Sunday School, First Kid’s Club (first Sunday children’s worship service), Vacation Bible School, Wednesday Night Children’s Program, other events and activities that involve families and intergenerational programs.
- Coordinates discipleship ministries for children and families in all aspects of congregational life.
- Continue and develop the efforts under A Time for Children
- Works with Children and Family Council to organize children’s activities in the church and in the community.
- Oversees the involvement of children in worship services
- Equips laity for ministry with children and families.
- Recruits, equips, and sustains Sunday school and midweek children’s program teachers and shepherds
- Recruits, equips, and sustains other children ministries volunteers.
- Leads with enthusiasm the Children’s Time at the Sunday Worship Services.
- Involves children and families in all aspects of congregational life.
- Designs children and family ministries to complement youth and adult faith formation.
- Serves on the Children and Family Council and the Church Council.
- Establishes and enforces Safe Sanctuary policies.
- Oversees the acolyte team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- College graduate preferred.
- Extensive experience in children’s ministry.
- 3-5 years in children and family ministries in large or medium size churches.
- Understands and is committed to United Methodist theology and polity.
- Loves children and is passionate about the ministry.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and energy when working with children and their families.
- Relational person who enjoys building relationships with others.
- Open to coaching and learning.
Contact: Rev. Cynthia Paquette
1005 Stover Street Fort Collins CO 80524
Email: Click to email