Director of Christian Education - Lakewood UCC, Lakewood, Colorado
November 30, 2016
HOURS: Part-time (20 hours per week).
SALARY: $18,000-$20,000 annually (Pro-rated as necessary). Includes 1 week paid vacation every 3 months.
DURATION: We are in a staffing transition. The person hired will bridge between our current staff model and our anticipated Associate Pastor to begin Sept. 2017. Qualified individuals may apply for the AP position.
POSITION PURPOSE: Working collaboratively with the Pastor, the Board of Christian Education, and lay volunteers to support and promote the goals of Lakewood UCC’s Christian Education ministry for all ages from Pre-K to adult in an Open and Affirming environment.
- Primary responsibility for the coordination of Christian Education with emphasis on children and youth. (Currently an average of 20-30 children and 10-15 youth per Sunday)
- Create and/or edit Sunday School Lesson Plans for children to be taught by lay volunteer teachers.
- Must work Sunday mornings including Easter Sunday.
- Attend monthly Christian Education Board meetings, monthly staff meetings, regular meetings with Pastor, and other meetings as required to fulfill duties.
- Be present at Christian Education sponsored events, classes, and youth activities as needed.
- Comply with all church and administrative policies, including management of the Christian Education budget (with input of the CE committee), and Safe Church Policy, training, and tracking.
- Planning, organizing, volunteering, and attending Summer Vacation Bible School with the support of the CE committee.
- Biblical knowledge and experience in Christian Education.
- The ability to develop and implement a curriculum used by lay volunteer teachers.
- Good understanding of the theology and practices of the United Church of Christ and/or progressive Christian churches/communities.
- Experience with volunteers and young people.
- Love of children, team player, passion for the mission and ministry of Lakewood UCC as a progressive Christian voice in our community and wider world.
- Relevant experience or related degree. BA/BS preferred but not required.
- Strong organizational skills, task orientation, and ability to delegate.
- Ability to support and work well with a diverse community of volunteers.
Please send resumes or inquiries to: email@example.com
Contact: Rev. Curtis Preston
100 Carr Street Lakewood CO 80226
Email: Click to email
Attached file(s): view file