Director of Family Ministries - Lakewood United Methodist Church, Lakewood, Colorado
August 02, 2018
Lakewood United Methodist Church in Lakewood, Colorado is seeking a creative and dynamic Director of Family Ministries who will provide leadership with direct oversight for children, youth, and young families. This person has a heart for God and a passion for worship, and will help create children and youth experiences that are inspiring, challenging, and transformative.
He or she will be a team member, actively planning and coordinating with the lead pastor and staff. They will also provide opportunities for connection and service with young families at Lakewood UMC preschools (Parent’s Day Out and Lakewood United Methodist Preschool).
This person will consistently model an authentic discipleship lifestyle and seek to help people deepen their commitment to discipleship (as outlined ¶120 of our 2012 Book of Discipline).
Core job responsibilities:
- Create and develop children’s church that is play-based, parent-cooperative, and sensitive to child development. This children’s church will have an intentional plan for helping kids and families grow as Disciples of Christ
- Connect families of both preschools, (LUMP and PDO and LUMC) to one another through service learning opportunities. Some ideas include: Family Promise, Action Center, After Hours, MOPS, KIDS YOGA, and podcasts for families
- Create and develop with the lead pastor a family-oriented youth ministry model (weekly gatherings, yearly mission trips, and worship services). Emphasis and great care will be placed upon the intentional plan plan for helping youth and families grow as disciples of Christ.
- Create summer camp opportunities for young families, (i.e. filmmaking, cooking, art, science, music, service, and sports)
- Create connection groups for all ages. Connection groups can be based around christian education topics or areas of interest such as bowling, biking, hiking, gardening, or raising young kids. Additionally, the Director of Families will help create and develop with the lead pastor a plan for christian education
- Consistently attend and lead in worship, attend quarterly membership classes, staff meetings, and monthly lead team meetings
- Participate in organizational leadership of LUMC
- Participate on the Teaching Team, especially through monthly planning meetings
- Develop teams that can provide leadership and development for teams within the children and family ministries of the church
- Serve as the main administrator for Safe Sanctuaries Training and background checks for staff and volunteers that work with children, youth and/or vulnerable adults
- Recruit and develop new team members and leaders for children’s programming during each regular worship service as needed
- Develop and oversee a yearly budget for children & family ministries and ensure supplies and resources needed are available throughout the year
- Attend and participate in all monthly staff meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned and agreed to
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Pastor Dale Fredrickson
1390 Brentwood St Lakewood CO 80214