Mountain Sky Conference: Where You Belong More
Broomfield United Methodist Church in Colorado has an opening for a Director of Marketing and Communications. This position is 40 hours per week M-F, with some night and weekend hours expected for events. Reporting to the lead pastor, the Director of Marketing and Communications is accountable for the visionary leadership and operations of communications, and marketing strategies of the church. This position will develop, design, organize, implement and analyze the activities associated with all external and internal communications. Manages contractors and vendors related to communications to ensure operational efficiency and consistency. As a senior staff member, responsible for promoting a Christian atmosphere while developing and fostering effective working relationships with staff/non-staff workers, church congregation, business partners and community members. Partners with all areas of ministry and laity to achieve organizational goals.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive strategic communications program that supports the church's mission, goals, and objectives
• Strengthen annual communication/marketing plan and strategy
• Direct, manage, maintain and support all digital media (website, Facebook, blog, text in church and Twitter), including managing a regular posting schedule, content optimization, understanding the nuances of each platform and responding to followers
• Identify and execute steps to achieve annual communication/marketing plan
• Design unique graphics for ministry and program use
• Seek training and learning opportunities to keep the church on the cusp of industry trends
• Incorporate industry trends to cast vision for communications, marketing and branding
• Ensure all church communication adheres to the style guide
• Communicate complete and correct information to the congregation or target audience
• Oversee and execute weekly process for worship bulletins, eblast, inserts, posters, monitor slides, exterior sign message etc.
• Direct, schedule, edit and publish creative video productions to engage and appeal to stakeholders.
• Explore and implement advertising opportunities to broaden the reach of the church ministries and programs
• Create and distribute special marketing collateral materials
• Oversee and maintain internal bulletin boards messaging and content
• Establish and manage annual communications budget
• Employ strong project management skills and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, consistently delivering high quality results
• Attend team and organizational meetings, activities and events as required
• Manage miscellaneous communications and office tasks as required
• A minimum of 3 years experience in the graphic design, digital media, marketing or communications fields.
• Outstanding administrative and communication skills are a prerequisite as is a thorough understanding of advertising, media and communication standards for non-profit organizations.
• An undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, graphic design field or digital media field from an accredited institution is a basic requirement.
• Working knowledge of layout and design principles
• Proficient with technology platforms required for the functions of the position, including website, email marketing, social media, graphic design and audio/video. Specifically, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite and Facebook
• Superb proofreading skills and high level of attention to detail
• Marketing and branding strategies
• Proficient and working knowledge of digital media and how it can be leveraged for multiple audiences
• Known for executing projects at a high-quality level, on time, under pressure, with diplomacy and a great attitude
Skills and Abilities:
• Understand and support the vision of Broomfield United Methodist Church.
• Support all area of ministry as well as laity in the areas defined.
• Perform tasks, from time to time, not defined above in support of the goals of the organization.
• Perform miscellaneous tasks or duties in support of the daily operation of the organization.
• Maintain confidentiality
• Work as a team leader and team member
• Superior organizational skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Impeccable grammar and punctuation skills
• Manage both large and small projects
• Excellent communication skills in all mediums
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
Interested candidates please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com with "Director of Marketing and Communications" as the subject.
Contact: Mindy Davidson
Address: 545 W 10th Ave 545 W 10th Ave Broomfield CO 80020
Email: Click to email