Director of Servant Ministry - St. Luke's UMC, Highlands Ranch, Colorado
November 09, 2016
Guided by the spirit of God, St. Luke’s is an inclusive community of faith, seeking to meet people where they are, growing together toward full humanity, through living the teachings of Jesus: Love, Acceptance, Justice, and Hope.
In support of St. Luke’s UMC vision and mission, the Director of Servant Ministry welcomes and invites church members and constituents to actively participate in the life of the church through identification of their needs and passions.
JOB TITLE: Director of Servant Ministry
PART TIME - NON-EXEMPT
20 Hours a week
REPORTS TO: Lead Minister of Community Life, Rev. Jessica Rooks
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION #1: Connecting & Serving
- Serve as primary staff liaison to the Equipping Ministry Team (Lay Leadership/Nominations).
- With the Lead Minister of Community Life and Equipping Ministry Team, assist in the development of organizational structures that are sustaining, organic, communicative and that effectively prepare and connect people for leadership and service within the community.
- Coordinate and serve as staff liaison to the following Hospitality Teams:
- Guest Service Center
- Get Connected
- Fellowship Events
- Bread Bakers
- Serve as Staff liaison to the Seasoned Voyagers team.
- Coordinate preparation of the Fellowship Hall, Narthex and Foyer for Sunday worship and special worship services, including but not limited to Sunday worship, Christmas eve services, Easter services and other services as determined by the Lead Minister of Community Life.
- Facilitate Servant by Design program (or a similar relevant learning experience). Work with the clergy staff to identify and welcome those interested in becoming engaged in the community.
- In collaboration with Lead Minister of Community Life, coordinate educational opportunities for adults including communication for learning opportunities, identification and preparation of facilitators, securing space, and arranging advertising and registration for learning groups.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION #2: Administrative
- Prepare year-end Membership reports for church conference and conference reports.
- Prepare year-end Director of Servant Ministry report.
- Work with the Communications team to maintain and update ministry area pamphlets and St. Luke’s Facebook pages.
- Attend Staff meetings.
- Responsible for budget created for this position. Estimate yearly budget, submit requests, and revise as needed.
- Assist Lead Minister Minister of Community Life in preparing the budget for educational and community groups.
For a full job description, or to send your cover letter and resume, contact Rev. Jessica Rooks at email@example.com
by November 23, 2016.
Contact: Rev. Jessica Rooks
8817 S. Broadway Highlands Ranch CO 80127