Director of Youth and Family Ministries - First UMC - Fort Collins, CO
July 07, 2021
- Develops, plans, executes, and grows the middle and high school Youth ministries
- Plans, organizes, and teaches the confirmation program
- Visits and builds relationships with youth and their parents outside of church (at sporting events, school activities, performances, etc.)
- Plans, organizes, and participates with the youth group in mission and outreach projects.
- Works with pastors and other programming staff to develop and grow the Life Long Faith Formation ministries.
- Mobilizes our youth to serve in other areas in the church such as worship, mission, library, and church-wide events.
- Works with Youth Council to get the council to come on board to help the director with youth programs and missions.
- Organizes and participates in events that pertain to youth interest and to bring youth along to these events.
- Prays for our youth and their families, meet with them as needed on a one-on-one basis.
- Works alongside the Director of Children and Family Ministries to develop multigenerational programs, help with First Kids’ Club, and Children’s Sunday School
- Serves as the liaison between the church and youth organizations that meet at First Church such as the Boys and Cub Scouts.
- Equips laity for ministry with the youth.
- Establishes and enforces Safe Sanctuary policies.
- Have reliable and ongoing communication with supervisor, clergy, staff, and parishioners.
- Be a responsive, responsible, and reliable part of the staff team.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Education & Experience:
- BS/BA in related field of study (Christina Education, Youth Ministries, Religious Studies, etc.) Professional certification in Youth Ministry in the United Methodist Church or an MA in Christian Education or Youth/Children Ministries is preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in youth ministries in large or medium size churches.
- Loves children, youth and is passionate about the ministry.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and energy when working with children, youth and their families.
- Relational person who enjoys building relationships with others.
- Technical skills in developing and maintaining the youth webpage and social media platforms.
- Proficient in computer programs for documentation, graphics, and publication.
- Open to coaching and learning.
Contact: Cynthia Paquette
1005 Stover St Fort Collins 80524