June 25, 2018
Posted: June 11, 2018
Job Title: Donor Relations Specialist
Reports to: VP for Development
FLSA Status: Hourly; Non-Exempt
Nurtures constructive relationships with United’s donors, prospective donors and alumni/ae through support of donations, planning of events and scheduling of meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
A. Donor Relations
- • Responds to inquiries for information from donors, prospective donors and alumni/ae.
- • Schedules meetings with donors, prospective donors and alumni/ae for VP for Development, President, Development Officers and others, assisting with travel and logistics as needed.
- • Assists as needed with the annual Thankathon and alumni/ae gift solicitation.
- • Identify, prospect and qualify major donors.
- • Assists with annual fund, capital campaigns, planned giving and all other development campaigns.
B. Events Coordination
- • Plans and coordinates development, alumni/ae events in cooperation with the development, alumni/ae, president’s office and others as appropriate, including publicity, registration, fee collection, logistics, and evaluation.
- • Works with donors and friends hosting United gatherings, supporting and answering questions, following up with hosts to make sure all details are covered.
- • Assist with other seminary events, as needed and as approved by supervisor.
- • Assists in departmental activities as appropriate.
- • Maintains a friendly and professional working relationship within the department and with other departments.
- • Produces business correspondence as appropriate
- • Participates in weekly development meetings.
- • Travels as needed to accomplish responsibilities.
- • Carries out all activities on a timely basis.
- • Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Passion for the Lord and desire to advance God’s Kingdom
- • Spiritual depth and mature Christian faith.
- • Exceptional skill in interpersonal relations and communications (both speaking and writing ability)
- • Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with constituents of various ages, ethnicities, political and theological perspectives, regardless of background.
- • Strong team orientation, dedicated work ethic, and positive and professional attitude
- • Attention to detail
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of MS Office, record keeping, database input and management, report production, writing/editing experience and skills. Good organizational skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Please send a résumé with salary requirements to United’s Human Resources department via postal mail or email.
United Theological Seminary Attn: Human Resources 4501 Denlinger Rd. Dayton, OH 45426