Editor - The United Methodist Publishing House, Nashville, Tennessee
May 16, 2017
The Editor manages and directs product planning, acquisitions, and editorial development of adult teaching and learning resources. The position requires mastery (or quick learning) of selected computer programs, an ability to produce products on time, and strong knowledge of the church and Christian education for adults.
A Bachelor’s degree in English, religious studies, or a closely related field and at least three (3) years of adult religious publishing or religious materials experience, demonstrating a high level of competence in writing and editing, or
at least three (3) years of experience as a pastor and/or working with adults in a church or other setting. In-depth knowledge of United Methodism and biblical studies are required. A Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent personal computer skills, including intermediate proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred)
- Working knowledge of the American religious environment, local congregations and congregational systems, and the history, doctrine, and polity of major American church traditions
- Basic leadership skills
- Ability to be persuasive, resilient, and a self-starter
- Basic proficiency with Macintoshes and design layout programs (Adobe InDesign) is preferred
- Current or previous participation in local church religious education for adults is preferred
- Knowledge of or experience with persons of the audience age level is preferred
- Knowledge of markets served by The United Methodist Publishing House and of the competitive environment related to product appeal, utility, and sales is preferred
For more details, please go to: http://www.umph.org/
and look under Opportunities to apply.
Attached file(s): view file