Staff Accountant - Rocky Mountain United Methodist Foundation
March 12, 2018
The Rocky Mountain United Methodist Foundation provides financial tools to help churches carry out their calling to serve God through the work in their communities. We do this through growing and investing financial donations for endowments, reserves, memorial funds, grants, and loans. We are a cross between a bank, an investment manager, and a non-profit foundation. We are in Greenwood Village Colorado and we have three employees. We are lean, we are mighty, and we are passionate about what we do. Because of our continued expansion, we seek qualified candidates who share our vision, values, and commitment to superior customer service.
As the Staff Accountant, you will:
- work directly with church leaders and donors to help them understand their accounts in plain English, without accounting or investment jargon.
- prepare account statements for church investors, borrowers, and trust beneficiaries
- help maintain the integrity of the accounting system by reconciling statements and ensuring processes are in place to get things right the first time and assure control
- apply accounting principles to the organization’s business matters, including help maintain the general ledger, create standard financial reports, and prepare other reports as needed
- create and maintain spreadsheets associated with the financial, cash, and trust management
- help maintain documentation associated with all transactions
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- 3 years general accounting experience, preferably in nonprofit
- Proficient in Office 365, including Excel
- General knowledge of investing in the stock market and mutual funds
- Detail oriented with a focus on accuracy
- Excellent business verbal and written skills
- CPA would be a plus
- Pass a background check
- Support the mission of the United Methodist Church and the Foundation
We are seeking part time or full time during these hours:
- Monday – Thursday 8-4
- Friday 9-12
- Board Meetings 3 Fridays per year (8-5 & dinner)
- Occasional travel for training
Benefits after 90 days:
- 403(b) with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Complete insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision (for those working 30+ hours/week)
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.
Send resume and three references to email@example.com
with subject line 'Staff Accountant'.
Contact: Kristi Kinnison
7350 E Progress Pl Ste 205 Greenwood Village CO 80111