August 13, 2018
Littleton United Methodist Church (UMC), located in Littleton, Colorado, is a strong, vibrant, growing church with many traditions and opportunities for outreach and growth in suburban, urban, and rural areas of Colorado.
We are seeking an experienced, dynamic, leader for our youth program that includes sixth grade through high school-aged youth. The Director of Youth Ministries must demonstrate strong Christian values and a love for Christ for our youth. Candidates must have at least three years of experience as an Assistant or Director of Youth Ministries with a proven track record of success and experience organizing and planning mission trips.
Candidates must also have evidence of recent continuing education in Youth Ministries within the past two years. Please email resumes to the senior pastor, Rev. Trudy Robinson, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until Sept. 30.
Director of Youth Ministries
The Director of Youth Ministries is part of the professional church staff with specific responsibilities for the creation and administration of Youth Ministry programs. These programs center around Fellowship, Education, Spiritual Formation, Mission, Outreach, Affirmation, and Worship.
Hours per week:
Full-time professional staff (40 hours/week)
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Experience in Christian Education with an emphasis on Youth and Family Ministry
• Experience in Program Development
• Ability to envision, design, create, implement and evaluate Youth Ministry programs
• Ability to work with and manage volunteers
• Education in Spiritual Formation
• Ability to relate and work well with youth
• Ability to communicate with youth, families, and volunteers
• Ability to articulate an overarching mission for the ministry and speak to the roles each piece of programming seeks to accomplish
Responsibilities: (not an inclusive list)
• Responsible for the administration of Youth Sunday School and UMYF
• Responsible for coordinating work with the Assistant Director of Youth Ministries
• Responsible for recruiting, training, and supporting Youth Sponsors/volunteers
• Responsible for researching and selecting curriculum for Middle School and High School youth to be used at Youth Sunday School and Confirmation classes
• Responsible for developing youth leaders, and for guiding and supporting the Youth Council
• Responsible for developing a Parent Council as a support and resource for youth ministries
• Responsible for supporting LUMC’s Small Group Ministry for Youth
• Responsible for designing and implementing Mid-Week Programs (Bible Study, FastBreak Sports, Girls & Guys Night Out, Breakfast & Lunch Groups) and retreats
• Responsible for Youth Ministry marketing and communication
• Responsible for submitting a budget for youth ministries from funds in the operating budget and the fund accounts
• Responsible for compliance with the Safe Sanctuary Policies for all Youth Ministry activities
• Responsible for attending continuing education events yearly
• Responsible for supporting and embracing the mission and direction of Littleton UMC
• Responsible for encouraging growth in the youth program through openness to new and creative ideas administered by sharing responsibility with youth, their parents, the Assistant Director of youth ministries, and volunteers.
Dependent upon qualifications and experience.
$33,000 to $60,000
Revised August 2018