Hospitality Coordinator - Trinity United Methodist Church, Denver, Colorado
October 24, 2018
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Hospitality Coordinator's primary role is to lead and direct ministry teams that will promote and create an environment of hospitality for Trinity United Methodist Church - where people will feel valued and cared for, welcomed, safe and comfortable; where relationships can develop and persons are at ease, even in unfamiliar surroundings.
The Hospitality Coordinator serves our faith community by ensuring the church is welcoming for all guests.
- Staff and supervise teams associated with Trinity Café Team and provide effective leadership for Trinity UMC’s hospitality ministry with newcomers and regular attendees of worship services and special events.
- Establish, develop and supervise a Special Event Team to support and resource all church events including Advent/Christmas and Lent/Easter.
- Coordinate with facilities and custodial staff to confirm that preparations and support are completed for services and special events.
This position must be proficient in the following areas:
- MS Office Suite
- Office equipment – fax, phones, copiers, postage, etc.
- Event Planning
This position must possess the following characteristics:
- Ability to work as a team leader and team member – an enthusiastic people person
- Self-starter, work independently
- Superior organizational and problem solving skills
- Exhibit the gifts of Hospitality, Administration and a Servant Heart
- Manage both large and small projects
- Excellent communication skills in all mediums
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
The qualified candidate for this position will:
SCHEDULE AND HOURS
- Recruit, guide, connect, support and train new volunteers
- Be present on Sunday mornings
- Respond to staff communications in a timely manner
- Have detailed knowledge of the worship process and the various religious observations of the Methodist faith
- Exhibit welcoming spirit and desire to help
The time commitment for this position is 8-10 hours per week subject to change with consent from Director of Servant Ministry.
This position must also:
- Understand and support the vision/mission of Trinity United Methodist Church
- Perform miscellaneous tasks or duties in support of the daily operation of the organization
- Perform tasks, from time to time, not defined above in support of the goals of the church
Please contact Deb Meyer with questions at email@example.com
Contact: Deb Meyer
1820 Broadway Denver CO 80202
Phone: 303-839-1493 x27
Email: Click to email