Interim Communications Associate - Rocky Mountain Conference, UMC
October 12, 2016
The Rocky Mountain Conference of The United Methodist Church is seeking an Interim Communications Associate to assist with communications for the Mountain Sky Area while the Director of Communications is on maternity leave. This is a part-time position working 20 hours a week. Start date will be in January 2017.
Job qualifications include:
- Share and repost relevant General, Conference, District and Local church news as appropriate.
- Write, edit and publish high-quality, consistent and compelling communications in all forms of media.
- Maintain websites, blogs, Facebook pages, Twitter and other media sites for the Mountain Sky Area, Rocky Mountain and Yellowstone Conferences.
- Capture critical stories that share God’s work inside the Conferences and beyond.
- Assist the Resident Bishop to communicate to the church and the world.
- Prepare and distribute news releases about Conference positions on current issues, major changes, decisions, events and programs.
Education or Formal Training:
- Experience in successfully developing and implementing communications strategies.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated competency in use of multimedia, computer, video, audio, digital, and social media technology.
- Advanced ability in media production, website management, graphic design and use of computer software applicable to the position.
- Experience in working with public media, including facilitating press conferences and developing press releases.
- Knowledge and understanding of the mission, vision and structure of The United Methodist Church.
Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications or a related field.
Minimum five years’ experience and demonstrated success in the communications environment.
For the full job description, please click the document link below. Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
by Oct. 28
Contact: Charmaine Robledo
6110 Greenwood Plaza Blvd. Greenwood Village CO 80111
Email: Click to email
Attached file(s): view file