Large Center Preschool Director - Washington Park UMC, Denver, CO
May 15, 2019
Washington Park United Methodist Church’s Preschool Program is seeking a full-time Preschool Certified Director. Our program is a well-established, Christian preschool for children 14 months old (and walking) through five years old in junior kindergarten. We are looking for a “large child care center” director certified educator who is positive, hard working, enthusiastic and willing to collaboratively be an energetic part of the church staff team to further develop the connections between the church and preschool communities. Our preschool is a ministry of the church, and any director will need to understand that role and connection to the larger community. If you are interested and qualified, please email a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com. Competitive compensation based upon experience and education. For a full job description of duties, please see below.
Preschool Director Job Description
Accountability: Accountable to the Senior Pastor of Washington Park UMC (the “Pastor”).
Function: To provide the best possible learning environment for children and teachers and to work for the best interests of the program; and to work in conjunction with the mission of the church and the church board to provide an outreach to the community and to church members.
Education and Experience: Must comply with Director Qualifications of a Large Child Care Center as defined by the Colorado Revised Statutes Regulating Child Care Centers §7.702.52, et seq., as amended.
Responsibilities of Director shall include but are not limited to:
- Education Program Development
- Establish a professional development plan to help teachers and assistant teachers continue growth and development.
- Seek to help teachers and parents with programs and special services for children who are in need of such.
- Schedule teacher trainings and conferences.
- Facility Management
- Must oversee proper housekeeping and maintenance duties of child care staff and janitorial staff.
- Keep school and playground well maintained, including supplies for Resource Room for teachers.
- Human Resources
- Oversee school personnel, including conducting interviews, hiring and firing in conjunction with the church Staff-Parish Relations Committee (“SPRC”).
- Establish policies and procedures and develop appropriate Staff Handbook.
- Submit payroll twice a month for employees as well as keep track of employee attendance records.
- Submit yearly budget to church board.
- Program Administration
- Maintain presence at the center at least sixty (60) percent of any day that the center is open. In the absence of the Director, a designated substitute director will be appointed to perform the necessary duties.
- Maintain proper supervision of staff and children and observance of child-staff ratios.
- Maintain proper communication with the Pastor and church staff, including attendance at church board meetings and annual Charge Conference meeting.
- Schedule monthly consultation with health consultant as required by Colorado Revised Statutes.
- Secure appropriate information for staff and child files and update accordingly.
- Oversee teacher interactions with children, parents and other staff members and determine alignment with the mission of the church.
- Oversee office personnel, phone calls and appointments.
- Schedule staff meetings.
- Maintain classroom rosters and market program to community.
- Schedule tours, informational meetings, and registration for new families as well as registration for current families.
- Plan community events in conjunction with the church as well as parents in the program to establish friendships and good community relations.
- Coordinate fund-raising activities.
- Maintain financial records for the business, including, but not limited to tuition, licensing requirements, fees, monthly bills, etc.
Contact: Sandi Dillon
1955 E Arizona Ave Denver CO 80210
Email: Click to email