August 08, 2019
The Mountain Sky Conference of The United Methodist Church is seeking a District Administrator for the Mile High Metro District. This position supports the spiritual leadership ministry of the Mountain Sky Conference and its districts/sub-districts by providing administrative assistance to the District Ministry Roundtable and coordination of required paperwork and reporting for the assigned District(s). As an extension of the office of the District Superintendent has authority to make requests for information and reports of clergy and local churches. This is a part-time, non-exempt position that is accountable to the appropriate District Superintendent(s) and District Superintendency Committee(s). This position will be based in the Denver Conference Office in Greenwood Village, Colorado.
- Provide administrative support for designated District Ministry Roundtable (District Superintendent, Congregational Resource Minister, District Lay Leader, et al.) and attend their monthly meetings.
- Serve as a primary resource and provide assistance for clergy, church staff and lay leadership as needed.
- Manage annual cycles of requesting and collecting required reports and data, including church end-of-year reports and statistical reports, charge conference paperwork, clergy assessments and appointment advisory forms.
- Maintain up-to-date information in the Conference database on clergy, candidates for ministry, lay ministers, churches and lay leadership within the district.
- Maintain up-to-date clergy files within the district.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for projects such as church conferences, district/sub-district meetings and other district/sub-district activities.
- Depending on office location, management of district finances, reimbursements, and coordination with the Conference office.
- Maintain accurate and timely information on the district webpage(s).
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the District Superintendent(s), other Cabinet members or the Episcopal Office.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly organized, with the ability to work concurrently on several projects and activities.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, establish timelines, and work proactively to meet deadlines.
- High proficiency in administrative software, including the Microsoft Office suite and database programs.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to accuracy.
- Ability to analyze information and resolve inconsistencies.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn The United Methodist Church organizational structure as it pertains to districts and clergy relationships.
- Complete an online application.
- On the online application, submit a cover letter, resume and three references (one from a direct supervisor).
- Suitable candidates will be required to complete a background check.
No mailed materials will be accepted. Only complete online applications, with all materials uploaded, will be accepted. Applications will be received and considered on a rolling basis.
The mission of the Mountain Sky Conference of The United Methodist Church is to live into God’s grace and abundance as we lead a re-energized peaceful and compassionate movement to claim the life-changing love of Jesus Christ for ALL people.