Ministry Assistant Position
Heart of Longmont United Methodist Church
The Heart of Longmont Dream Team identified three overarching goals for the next several years. These three goals are:
A. Strengthen Spiritual Formation within our congregation and Community Connections
B. Become Advocates for Change
C. Support Education
Implementing these goals will require small groups to focus on each area. The Heart of Longmont is seeking a person to assist in the creation and development of these small groups. As a member of the Ministry Staff at the Heart of Longmont United Methodist Church, this person will work closely with the lead pastor as well as the current staff and volunteers in program areas.
Main job description: Develop small group experiences throughout the life of the congregation. Ten hours per week. Depending on applicant talents, skills and interests other opportunities may be available.
1. Create and Facilitate Small Group Development with lay volunteers.
2. Occasionally lead small study groups during the week.
3. Opportunities to assist in worship if desired.
Requirements for job:
1. Good people skills: Listener, encourager,
2. Good communication skills: written and spoken communication, bilingual preferred.
3. Good organizing skills
4. Some theological understanding of scripture and spiritual disciplines from a Wesleyan perspective.
5. Familiarity with Church Life and culture
6. Some technical skills: Zoom for meetings, Video conferencing, etc.
If interested send letter of introduction, resume and three references to …..
Building use and security responsibilities:
● Employee will be issued a magnetic key.
● Employee must report if that key is lost or stolen.
Personnel related responsibilities:
● Complete Safe Gatherings training at required intervals
Heart of Longmont does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. HOL is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Contact: David Wayne Burt
Address: 350 11th Ave. Longmont CO 80501