Music Director - First UMC, Cheyenne, Wyoming
January 12, 2018
First United Methodist Church of Cheyenne Wyoming is seeking a dynamic, flexible, well-qualified Music Director with an enthusiasm for spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ through music ministry. This director will seek to spread the good news with relevant programming, growing participation in our music ministries, and aid in the development and execution of the goals of FUMC.
- Craft a calendar of music to fit the Christian calendar that meets the scope and ability of the all-volunteer church participants.
- Serve as the director of the primary adult choir including rehearsals and traditional worship services.
- Select, rehearse, and present a Christmas and Easter cantata each year (with orchestra preferred but not required.)
- Serve as the director of the adult hand bell choir including rehearsals and traditional worship services.
- Offer personal music talents during worship.
- Manage and curate the music library of the church.
- Assist in the technical aspects of musical presentation in worship (sound tech, etc.).
- Supervise and/or be a part of the Praise Team for the Family Contemporary Worship Service.
- Supervise the Sunday afternoon children and youth music program.
- Cultivate positive and collaborative working relationships with staff, clergy, and laity, particularly the Assistant Director of Music Ministry, the Senior Pastor, and the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
- Provide leadership, direction, and supervision of the Assistant Director of Music Ministry/Principal Organist.
- Attend weekly staff and worship planning meetings.
- Create and maintain an environment that motivates and fosters a love of music for Jesus Christ through the musicians of the church.
- A Bachelor of Arts in Music or higher from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrate skilled musical talent, rehearsal techniques, and conducting skills.
- Up-to-date awareness of Christian music library.
- Conducting experience.
- An aptitude for personal instrumental performance for worship presentation.
The director earns an annual salary competitive to the area with the possibility of negotiation.
The applicants must submit materials by Jan. 26, 2018
via email to email@example.com
- Cover letter outlining personal level of interest in Jesus Christ, FUMC and the community it serves
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Any related music materials such as scores, bulletins with music programming, etc. will be welcomed
Finalists will be invited to rehearse the Chancel Choir on Wednesday evening Jan. 31, 2018 and interview with the Staff-Parish Relations Committee. The finalists will be invited to bring one piece of music with which they are familiar, and they will also be asked to rehearse a piece of the choir’s choosing.
Contact: William Novak