November 02, 2018
The Nursery Coordinator will be responsible to the Assistant Director of Journeys in Faith for helping to develop, plan, implement, and review nursery policies to ensure quality care for children. To provide dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to the children while at University Park United Methodist Church, ages 0-5 years in a clean and safe environment.
Nursery Coordinator Overall Purpose
Submit all resumes by 5 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 12.
Will be responsible to the Assistant Director of Journeys in Faith for helping to develop, plan, implement, and review nursery policies to ensure quality care for children.
To provide dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to the children while at University Park United Methodist Church, ages 0-5 years in a clean and safe environment.
The Nursery Coordinator will report directly to the Assistant Director of Journeys in Faith who is accountable to the Director of Journeys in Faith. Schedule and Working Conditions –
The Nursery Coordinator will arrive 30 minutes prior to the Early Morning Service. Childcare hours include every Sunday between the hours of 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM during the regular program year.
Hours may vary during the summer, special services/events, and holidays.
The following are the minimum requirements for this position:
- Experience in caring for children between the ages of 0 to 5 with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities.
- At least 21 years of age
- Satisfactory completion of background check and drug screening
- Must present the results of a current (within 1 year) Tuberculin and current immunizations.
- Satisfactory completion of CPR training for infants and children.
- Three successful references
- 1-2 years of staff supervisory experience Principle Duties and Responsibilities Nursery Coordinator
- As the lead nursery worker, supervise paid or volunteer nursery workers and monitor the ratio of workers to children.
- Must adhere to the United Methodist Safe Sanctuaries policy guidelines set by University Park United Methodist Church and attend all required trainings.
- Responsible for overseeing and assisting with age-appropriate care which includes: feeding, changing diapers, escorting to the bathroom, maintain a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, books, stories, play’s and prayer. Universal precautions should always be used while changing diapers or time of body fluids.
- Stay until all children are properly secured with a responsible adult and all staff have went home.
- Oversee the care, maintenance, cleanliness, security, and safety of the nursery area and equipment.
- Making sure facilities are always aesthetically pleasing to parents and children.
- Assisting with the development of nursery policies (i.e. sick children, routine sanitation procedure of nursery, discipline, etc.) in conjunction with the Director and Assistant Director of Journeys in Faith and seeing that they are implemented and placed in the nursery.
- Responsible for notifying the Assistant Director of Journeys in Faith of supplies that need to be purchased.
- Serving as point contact for new families with nursery aged children. Providing phone calls or letters to welcome families and explain nursery operations.
- Attend an evaluation after a 90-day probationary period and thereafter annually.
- Report directly to the Assistant Director of Journeys in Faith
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, volunteers, and staff.
- Any planned absences should have a two-week written notice submitted directly to the Assistant Director of Journeys in Faith. Nursery Coordinator is also responsible for finding their replacement at least a week prior to their day of absence. If the absence is unexpected, the Nursery Coordinator must notify the Assistant Director of Journeys in Faith immediately and find their replacement.
- If a staff member has called out, planned or unexpected. Nursery Coordinator must notify Assistant Director of Journeys in Faith once replacement is found.
- Other duties as assigned as nursery needs, position and processes evolve and change.
As a Part-time position, benefits are outlined in the Personnel Policy of Lay Employees of UPUMC. Be aware that while the church does offer vacation and compensatory time, the church cannot offer life insurance, major medical insurance, or short- or long-term disability at this time.
There will be a 90-day probationary period where either party may terminate employment without cause. Beyond this a two-week written notice is required.
Dependability is essential. Tardiness and excessive absences cannot be tolerated and may result in termination.