Office Manager - Louisville UMC, Louisville, CO
November 24, 2019
The Louisville United Methodist in Louisville, Colorado is seeking an office manager, who is responsible for overseeing the administrative responsibilities related to the business of Louisville United Methodist Church and being the primary support staff to the director-level positions and minister. This position is for a self-motivated individual who does not mind wearing multiple hats and thinks strategically for the betterment of the organization. Additionally, this role requires a person who can work independently with little to no supervision and with a wide variety of people.
Job title: Office Manager
Reporting to: Minister and Staff Parish Relations Committee
Hours: 6 hours/week (variable based on season; intent to increase)
Location: Office (Louisville UMC) - remote work available
Key responsibilities & duties
Work experience & skills
- Office Management - Handle office communications by answering the phone, returning messages, sorting mail, and connecting people with the appropriate staff members. Create systems of efficiency and organization that in conjunction with overall staff such as filing, ordering and storing office supplies, and directing volunteers/church parishioners. This will be addressed twice per week in the office.
- Worship Support. - Print and fold bulletins with potential for creating bulletins. Maintain organization of events, bulletin/worship announcements, and tracking attendance/bulletin slips via Breeze (a church membership, giving, and volunteer management software).
- Bookkeeping - Confirm, track, and deposit weekly giving. Track giving and other deposits. Reconcile bank accounts to Quickbooks. Send quarterly and end-of-year giving reports to all donors.
- Social Media - Create and distribute online media including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Google My Business, Squarespace (weekly letter and sermon audio file), and Constant Contact. Experience with Canva not necessary but helpful.
- Tasks as assigned - Expecting the position to grow with the health and vitality of the congregation.
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems, and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Computer skills and knowledge of office software packages
Communication, Problem Solving, Decision Making, Planning and Organization, Time Management, Attention to Detail, Accuracy, Initiative, Integrity, Adaptability, Teamwork, Developing Standards, Process Improvement, Supply Management
Contact: Rev. Elizabeth Jackson
741 Jefferson Ave. Louisville CO 80027-1811
Phone: (303) 666-8812