August 06, 2019
The Mountain Sky Conference of The United Methodist Church is seeking a Program Assistant and Resource Coordinator. The Program Assistant and Resource Coordinator supports the work of the Congregational Vitality and Community Engagement staff and volunteer teams.
- Provide support and follow-up to Congregational Vitality and Community Engagement staff and teams to ensure planned ministry activities are on schedule and goals are met.
- Serve as the primary communication hub for Congregational Vitality and Community Engagement by guiding the collection and sharing of stories from local congregations, the greater United Methodist connection and MSC Community Engagement and Congregational Vitality Teams.
- Coordinate the promotion and distribution of Congregational Vitality and Community Engagement resources and educational offerings.
- Work with Community Engagement staff and MSC Communications Teams to create the monthly Community Engagement newsletter and ensure information on the website remains up-to-date and user friendly with resources, stories and current events.
- Resource Congregational Vitality and Community Engagement volunteer leadership as they connect with the Conference office in areas of communications, finance, and meeting or activity planning.
- Provide administrative support to the Superintendent of Congregational and Community Vitality and other program staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Recognized Christian character, leadership ability, personal competence, and commitment to The United Methodist Church’s ministry.
- Professionalism in diverse forms of service.
- Demonstrated emotional maturity and stability.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to present information individually or in groups.
- A continuing program of enrichment including participation in personal renewal, educational opportunities, and development of spiritual life.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google products and database software.
- Complete an online application.
- On the online application, submit a cover letter, resume and three references (one from a direct supervisor).
- Suitable candidates will be required to complete a background check.
No mailed materials will be accepted. Only complete online applications, with all materials uploaded, will be accepted. Applications will be received and considered on a rolling basis.
The mission of the Mountain Sky Conference of The United Methodist Church is to live into God’s grace and abundance as we lead a re-energized peaceful and compassionate movement to claim the life-changing love of Jesus Christ for ALL people.